IT Helpdesk Department Manager - South Dublin - €55,000 - 60,000
Our client is a Leading South Dublin Hospital with teaching and technology programs linked to two of Ireland's most prominent medical universities. As one of Europe's most technologically advanced Healthcare Facilities, they enjoy a reputation for clinical excellence, high quality healthcare and state of the art facilities.
They are now looking for an IT Helpdesk Department Manager to lead the implementation of new technologies and systems for the hospital. The IT Helpdesk Department Manager should possess an in-depth knowledge and skills related to operating system, virtualisation, desktops, server/backup, software design, data communications and system wide troubleshooting.
With an exceptional working environment, superb scope for career progression and unmatched exposure to innovative medical technologies, this opportunity also offers generous benefits including health insurance, pension and generous career support incentives.
Key Responsibilities of role:
Essential Candidate requirements:
* Previous experience (At least 5+ Years) in providing Level 1, 2 & 3 Helpdesk Support, some of which should have been spent in a management/leadership role.
* Technical knowledge of Microsoft OS (Windows/Windows Server/Active Directory), network and telecom components (Knowledge of Cisco Systems, VM Ware, Citrix and other related technologies particularly welcome) Database Design, SQL programming and Basic Software design principles
* 4 year academic degree which includes courses in computer programming, systems analysis, system development, systems engineering, or has acquired through experience and/or professional certification the Core IT skills outlined above
* ITIL Certification or other IT service orientated qualification
* Flexibility - Can maintain on-call availability and respond to occasional out of hours calls in a timely and efficient manner.
* Strong understanding of Customer Service Concept - Ability to show patience, empathy and professionalism at all times
While not essential, experience in some or all of the following would be most welcome:
* C# Programing
* Hl7 interfacing design and deployment
* PACS systems
IMPORTANT! This is a vacancy that needs to be filled as soon as possible. All applicants must have immediate availability to work in the EU as our client cannot wait for the length of time it would take for Visa/Work Permit to come through.
For more information on this role, please contact Níall on (see below) or send current CV along with brief cover letter through this site.