Project Manager (IT)
Location - Belfast
Full Time, Permanent
The IT / Systems team at BNP Paribas Personal Finance are currently seeking an experienced Project Manager to join our established team. This opportunity would suit an experienced delivery focused Project Manager, ideally from a financial services or regulated industry background.
BNP Paribas Personal Finance is committed to creating responsible consumer finance solutions that customers trust and help our partners grow. With the backing of a global bank we've exciting growth ambitions and you'll be joining a dynamic business which provides people with opportunities to make it happen in a high energy environment. Within the department you will be welcomed into a wider team of around 70 colleagues across our Solihull and Belfast offices.
You'll be responsible for project deliverables by actively managing risks and delivering to specified timescales, budget and quality, to achieve the benefits defined within the business case. Initially you'll be part of a long term, high profile project that is at approximately the halfway point on the timeline, so you'll be able to hit the ground running and get stuck in.
* Identify external and internal resources needed by the project and ensure they are secured and efficiently deployed
* Lead project teams to provide clear direction to said colleagues to understand their role, responsibilities and accountabilities within the project and their value to achieving business strategic goals
* Produce a project plan and maintain it by monitoring project or work stream activities to the plan, taking corrective actions if necessary where the overall project is unlikely to deliver its agreed outcome and results to achieve its benefits
* Notify Project Sponsor, Project Steering Group and PMO of any deviations (outside of tolerances) to the plan and identify and take corrective actions
* Liaise with and hold checkpoint meetings with project / work stream team plus clients, partners, third parties and stakeholders, ensuring an effective and professional customer/provider relationship is established and maintained
* Manage the project budget to achieve the Business Case and highlight under and over spends outside of agreed tolerances to the Finance Department in order for the appropriate accounting actions to take place
* Raising awareness of the project as well as the teams / colleagues involved and promote a proactive, professional and positive image.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
* PRINCE2 Project Management Methodology - (practitioner level)
* Agile Project Management
* Experience of managing 3rd party suppliers.
* Business Analysis skills or professional qualification
* Proven budget control and cost management
* Proven experience of managing multiple, complex, large-scale programmes and projects at any one time
* Experience of working within a matrix management programme and Business as Usual (BaU) environment
* Good experience of all business functions and broad knowledge of IT platforms and technologies
* Effective risk assessment and management
* Excellent stakeholder management skills
* Awareness of IT Service Management such as ITIL
* Experience in Financial Services Industry or another regulated market
If this role sounds like your ideal next step, please apply now to be considered.
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy