Brook Street (UK) Limited is delighted to be working with a well-known telecoms company to recruit an ICT Communications Engineer.
The candidate who is successful with gaining this job will be joining a well-established company who have been operating for over 35 years, who differentiate themselves by offering the best possible service to all customers.
This is an opportunity to start a long-term career with a company dedicated to improving you
This role is based in Belfast area and includes travel to customers sites as required to provide support to end users.
* Reporting to the General Manager, to be responsible for the provision of day-to-day support of the clients customers as required by the Lead Engineer.
* Operational Responsibilities
* Responsible for the installation and support of the equipment at customers premises to ensure effective service within agreed time scales and to the standards required by the company.
* Ensure the appropriate level of liaison between accredited partners, sales and customers is delivered to maintain an efficient and effective service.
* Provide consultancy and appropriate advice and support to customers as required.
* Establish and maintain effective communication between the company and third-party network service providers as required.
* Ensure that customers receive the correct product to meet their specific requirements.
* Plan and co-ordinate effective training ensuring the customer has a sound understanding of the product and the benefits it can offer.
* Plan and organise travel and accommodation requirements to customer sites in accordance with the procedures required by the company.
* Identify and develop the required level of interpersonal and presentation skill sets, building trust and confidence to ensure effective site visits.
* Complete the required documentation and reporting in respect of the installation, configuration and commissioning of equipment as required.
* Ensure complete customer satisfaction in respect of all aspects of work carried out.
* Ensure personal time management reports are completed within agreed time frames.
* Responsible as required for the provision of office based technical support internally and externally.
* Responsible as required for onsite maintenance.
* Ensure all issues are dealt with as quickly as is practicable and to report to your Manager any issues that may arise from specific faults.
* To be responsible for the planning, preparation and presentation of internal and external training courses as required by the Manager.
* To be part of the 24-hour call out rota as required. Making yourself available to assist other engineers where appropriate.
The role is 90% telephony/communications with 5-10% network so having the telephony experience and being able to display ability to learn networking
Those with experience of Mitel, Cisco, Panasonic, Fortinet, Juniper and ITIL experience is also advantageous.
* At least 2 years experience within an engineering / ICT role (Field based) role.
* Demonstrable ability to successfully receive technical training, subsequently deploying the imparted knowledge to best advantage.
* Evidence of ability to investigate issues, analyse and present options for achieving resolution.
* Understanding of telephony and/or LAN / WAN solutions
Entry Level - £21 - 25,000 dependent on experience
40 hrs per week, 08.30 - 17.00 hrs, Mon - Fri
On Call Rota Allowance of £160 per week which is about one week in four to five
Cover 24/7 - Overtime payments and 2.0 hourly rate, during call out you will be paid these rates depending on the time of night.
Field - the whole of Northern Ireland, some ROI work and not even once a year you may be required to go to our Data Centre in London.
Company Car and uniform and all equipment plus mobile phone, laptop etc
Personal Development Plan with considerable investment in training and certification
Considerable external training in the first 24 months resulting in Mitel, Juniper, Fortinet, ITIL etc certification so the successful candidates will enjoy learning - training is in UK and ROI.
This is an excellent chance to work for a key player in the industry and the opportunity to develop your career in a supportive environment.
Salary offered will depend on experience and performance at interview
Please send CV via the apply link