Becoming a Senior System Administrator (Windows/ Messaging) with Capita IT Services:
As a Senior System Administrator, you will form part of the escalation structure for all technical support issues relating to infrastructure across a wide range of customer environments. You will act as a key point of contact for the other tiers of support in both receiving escalations and where appropriate providing guidance and instruction.
As a member of the Service Delivery team you will provide a point for technical escalation a range of technologies associated with IaaS and hosting services, identifying and escalating (potential) service issues with designated Service Delivery/Account/Client Management.
What you'll be doing:
* Management and support of a wide variety of customer environments, responding to reported incidents (both proactive and reactive) and driving resolution to meet agreed SLA's
* Take ownership of and lead technical engagements around complex change and Major Incidents
* Identify and drive pro-active service improvement
* Provide peer review of designs and solutions
* Participation in an on-call rota to provide out of hours support
* Escalation of technical issues with 3rd parties/vendors via agreed support mechanisms and progressing to resolution
* Execution of operational maintenance tasks
* Ensuring that services are appropriately documented
* Work as part of a technical team providing support and guidance where appropriate.
* Provide mentoring for other members of the team
* Interact directly with clients in a courteous and professional manner - identifying areas of continuous improvement, providing suggestions for their introduction
What we're looking for:
* Microsoft Windows server operating systems up to and including Server 2016
* Microsoft Windows domain infrastructure design, components, structures and principles
* Support and administration of mail and messaging, including one or more from the following: Exchange 2010/2013/2016/Exchange Online (O365)
* Able to establish credibility with customers
* Awareness of ITIL principles
* You will have a working experience and understanding of Support and administration of Veritas Enterprise Vault, Mail filtering and security products, ideally FortiMail and SpamTitan
* Azure Active Directory Domain Services
* Patch management including experience of one or more of the following: SCCM, WSUS
Desired knowledge and experience:
* Support and administration of Blackberry Enterprise Server
* Support and administration of Anti-Virus solutions, in particular McAfee and Symantec products
* MCSA 2012 or later equivalent
* ITIL v3 Foundation
About Capita IT Services
Capita IT Services knows that businesses succeed on the strength and stability of their technology platforms. We provide infrastructure, technology and application support services to major clients across the public and private sector, allowing them to run smoothly in every aspect from data, application and service management, to data-centre & cloud capabilities, and strategic and technical consultancy. With our partner business, Capita Network Solutions, we're able to offer an exceptional, scalable range of capabilities - be it within a company's own network or in the cloud; consultancy or implementation; managed service or full business outsource.
Capita IT Services are part of Capita Plc, a leading UK provider of technology enabled business services. We're supporting and improving the lives of millions of people every day and we can only do this with the right people in place, working towards a shared goal. We encourage an open, honest working environment where everyone can be true to themselves and people are valued for their differences. We're always challenging each other to learn and improve, because we know when we work together, we can deliver better outcomes. We work across such a huge range of businesses and sectors, that you'll have the opportunity to grow and develop your career in any number of directions.
You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You'll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you. If you have any questions you'd like to ask before applying, you can contact or .
Capita Resourcing operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender identity or gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.