The position is based in Reading and the QA Manager Directs and manages the full project-life cycle, setting standards for assignments and applications. Responsible for the delivery of the defined work packages to the client and providing effective management to teams and giving guidance to others and key business users. Provides management for the team in planning, designing, and developing frameworks and procedures relating to quality whilst meeting on-time and on-budget project goals.
- Develops strategies and directs teams with diverse scope.
- Ensures that project deliverables are completed within agreed cost, timescale and resource budgets, are signed off.
- Proactively aims to achieve personal and team utilisation targets.
- Uses project planning tools and participates in the identification of and planning for future resource needs.
- Develops a fit-for-purpose reporting mechanism.
- Responsible for overall test plan design and processes, applying, articulating and constructing business specific end to end scenarios, defining standards for development of test scripts, deployment and reuse.
- Specifies the test environment for whole life-cycle testing and ensuring it reflects business requirements for execution.
- Consults with key business stakeholders to ensure application design is optimised for testability.
- Allocates and co-ordinates test schedules, work and resource plans; managing progress of all activities against the plan, managing own deliverables and that of others to meet delivery deadlines.
- Provides quality assurance evaluation estimates on various projects, including the ability to execute vision, goals and direction of a team/teams.
- Diagnoses problems and probes underlying issues to generate multiple potential solutions. Can proactively anticipate and prevent problems, facilitate buy-in and guides implementation of corrective and/or preventive actions for complex issues.
- Identifies potential consequences and risk levels.
- Creates quality assurance procedures and user instructions to ensure a reusable process and tools approach.
- Defines and implements quality process improvements and metrics focused on defect prevention.
- Advises on risk assessment and risk management strategies for projects or release level.
- Inputs into proof of concept exercises and assists sales with pre-sales collateral. Identifies opportunities to expand client assignments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, or equivalent work experience
- ISTQB Advanced advantageous
- Additional course or certification in Quality Assurance
- Project Management qualification
- Has achieved trusted advisor status at a senior level with the client
- Excellent client facing skills, as an expert in their field has experience of influencing client decision making and direction, takes time to establish underlying needs of client beyond those initially expressed.
- Applies insight, originality and a broad perspective to generate revolutionary technical solutions.
- Experience of introducing new concepts or strategies that significantly improve or revise the way business is done through to implementation.
- Excellent communication and presentations skills, maintains confidentiality, shares ideas and information, facilitates discussions and transfers knowledge to diverse audiences to achieve collective objectives.
- Collaborative working environment – we stand shoulder to shoulder with our clients and ours peers through good times and set backs
- We empower all passionate technology loving professionals by allowing them to expand their skills and take part in inspiring projects
- Expleo Academy - enables you to acquire and develop the right skills by delivering a suite of accredited training courses
- Competitive company benefits such as medical and dental insurance, pension, life assurance, employee wellbeing programme, sports and social events, birthday hampers and much more!
- Always working as one team, our people are not afraid to think big and challenge the status quo