ABOUT THE ROLE
An intermediary that works on behalf of the Government to support communities and local agencies toward achieving social inclusion, reconciliation and equality with offices in Dublin, Monaghan, Sligo, Clifden, Letterkenny, Cork, Galway city, Limerick, Kilkenny and Mullingar employing over 400 staff.
- Work closely with B.A.s assigned to the project to help ensure timelines, quality and scope of requirements are met.
- Participate in business meetings and provide meaningful input that helps translate the business language into technical language and vice versa.
- Provide both coding and non-coding solutions according to business requirements.
- Propose alternative solutions to business problems or opportunities
- Deliver high-quality software solutions using the following toolsets
o Professional standards-based web development using ASP.NET, HTML/HTML5, CSS/CSS3, and jQuery
o .NET-based language (C#)
o Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online and On-Premise o Microsoft Dynamics Portals
o Visual Studio 2010 / 2012+
o Source Control: TFS (Visual Studio Team Services) / GitHub
- Write technical documentation associated with development activities
- Day-to-day support and maintenance of software applications in accordance with the approved policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance of IT systems with regulatory requirements.
- Ensure there is End User focus on the software being developed
- Support, Coach and Mentor other members of the development team
Testing & QA
- Complete component and unit testing of all deliverables
- Demonstrate software developed meets the functional requirements and expectations of the end-user.
- Assist System and User test resources in issue troubleshooting and resolution - Update/Track test bugs, issues and refinements
- Liaise with the B.A. and P.M. to resolve issues and to progress into system deployment
- Support business users through User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Document detailed release notes
- Submit solutions to Change Advisory Board for deployment
- Manage smoke test sufficient to pass deployment to production
- Hands-on technical involvement in data-related projects
- In collaboration with others, help develop and maintain databases and data systems necessary for projects and department functions
- Ensure that proposed solutions adhere to Pobal’s software application roadmap
- Work with the Business Systems team to ensure that ICT delivered systems conform to regulatory standards, program development, and supporting policies and that proven methods and concepts for business continuity are used.
- 3+ years of experience in Design & Development with Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Dynamics Portals.
- Experience with a number of the following:
o C#, ASP.NET, AJAX and jQuery, WCF/SOA and XML
o SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2016
o SQL Server Integration Services o Workflows foundation and SharePoint workflow integration
- Strong experience of software development basics including OOD, XML, Web Services, REST, .NET Framework and SOA is a must.
ICT related or other relevant third level qualification (e.g. Certificate, Diploma, Degree) or equivalent is essential.
- PowerShell scripting
- Microsoft Certifications in Microsoft Dynamics CRM or ASP.NET development
- Microsoft Reporting Services
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012
- Microsoft Internet Information Services 7.0+
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Visual Studio + TFS
- SQL Server Integration Services
- Public sector experience and /or an understanding of publicly funded programmes
- Capable of generating ideas in collaboration with others (through brainstorming, mind mapping etc.) and translating them into practical solutions
Location: Dublin city centre
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Amanda Melo.
+353 90 6478503
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services, and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website at www.collinsmcnicholas.ie.
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our consultants to discuss all the latest jobs!