DevOps Engineer - ElasticSearch/Kafka/Cassandra
Our client is a global leader in IT operations management.
They are currently looking for a DevOps Engineer to work as part of the DevOps team which is primarily based in our client's Dublin office.
Our client is looking to hire one candidate to work on one of their 3 core technologies; ElasticSearch, Kafka or Cassandra
* Design, build and maintain highly available ElasticSearch/Kafka/Cassandra clusters.
* Install, administer and maintain Cassandra/Kafka at enterprise level
* Monitor, scale up/down, roll out new updates of ElasticSearch/Kafka/Cassandra Clusters
* Conduct performance and failover testing to measure and improve platform KPIs.
* Work with ElasticSearch/Kafka/Cassandra in several environments (on premise, AWS, GCP, Azure or Kubernetes)
* Use/Develop automation tools to automate repetitive tasks.
* Serve as a Subject Matter Expert and Level 3 technical escalation resource
* Resolve production issues including platform tuning, optimization and recovery.
* Secure ElasticSearch/Kafka/Cssandra implementation
* Interact with third party ElasticSearch/Kafka/Cassandra professional services
* Implement observability infrastructure using Filebeat, Metricbeat, Winlogbeat, Heartbeat, Functionbeat, LogStash, ElasticSearch and Kibana - for ElasticSearch only
* Respond appropriately to emergency support situations and produce quick and effective solutions to platform technical problems under pressure.
* Participate in an on-call rotation and other duties as defined by management.
* 3rd Level Degree in Computer/engineering or related experience
* Eager to roll up your sleeves and take ownership of projects.
* Practical Experience with Infrastructure as code tools.
* Excellent attention to detail and works effectively with a fast-growing organization.
* Demonstrated ability to be flexible and take a proactive approach to manage change.
* Fluent in spoken and written English.
* At least 2 years of experience with ElasticSearch/Kafka/Cassandra
* Experience in building and administering ElasticSearch platform using open source tools and command line utilities/Experience in building and administering Apache Kafka platform using open source tools like Kafka Manager, cruise-control, LinkedIn-burrow and command line utilities/Experience in building and administering Apache Cassandra platform using open source tools like Priam, Astyanax, Cassandra_snapshotter, Staash, DataStax OpsCenter and command line utilities.
* Experience in managing ElasticSearch Indices and Index Lifecycle Management(only ElasticSearch)
* Experience with log aggregation and metric collection (Only ElasticSearch)
* Operating System: Linux
* Programming logic, Shell script, Python
* Version control system: Git
* Network Protocols, with an understanding of LAN/WAN networking and communications.
Reference No.: 918773FK
Role: DevOps Engineer
Location: Co. Dublin