System Engineering Tools Manager (Ireland Based)
Location: Dublin (central)
Start Date: ASAP
Our client, a leader in mobile telecommunications infrastructure with Worldwide recognition are seeking an experienced Systems Engineering Tools Manager to join their cloud system engineering department based in Dublin. You'll be part of a team which is responsible for global cloud service O&M and provides 24/7 cloud service stability and security services. This role is a unique opportunity which focuses specifically on the end client's mobile services reliability, availability, monitoring/alerting, and capacity planning within EU region.
The successful candidate should have people management experience, be a strong communicator willing to work with geo-dispersed cross-functional teams, critical problem solver comfortable analysing complex technical issues and bring them to resolution within strict SLAs, fast learner and self-motivated who likes taking on new challenges in a fast paced environment where you have the freedom to deliver impact at your own pace.
* Ensure the stability and availability of all Client's O&M team's suite of tools within EU region
* Provide daily support and work directly with O&M engineering teams to resolve technical issues related to existing tooling suite of products
* Become an expert in the end Client's products, internal O&M tools and the needs of internal stakeholders (engineering teams)
* Partner with sister teams in HQ to help scale internal tooling solutions that are flexible and easily customizable for various business needs focused on O&M workflows
* Build understanding about the wide variety of operational tools across the company at a deep engineering level and drive it's improvement
* Manage and grow existing team of experts. Build and enrich an inclusive work environment comprised of people from diverse backgrounds
* Work closely with dedicated recruiting staff to expand the team including interviewing candidates, participating in conferences/events, and on-boarding new employees
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent degree and experience)
* At least 2+ years of team leadership/ management experience
* At least 4+ years of experience in software development/automation
* Demonstrated creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills
* Experience working in an operational role
* Able to thrive in a dynamic environment where goals and requirements may be changing.
* Experience working with VMs and Cloud Infrastructure (AWS, Azure).
* Knowledge of network fundamentals and distributed systems
* Experience coordinating the deployment of automation systems on various levels of stack in a distributed/cloud based environment
Interested and want to know more? Click Apply* today!
**Please note due to project timescales our end client will only accept applications from individuals who reside in Ireland at this point in time