Are you a creative Java Developer who finds immense satisfaction in working with innovative products, building the technology of tomorrow that will impact millions of lives? Do you get a rush from having the opportunity to see the entire software lifecycle on-site? Are you an enthusiastic IT professional that also likes to be part of a diverse team, working with people from all over the world? We would love to hear from you.
We’re interested in talking to professionals within Europe or even further away to join a growing team of talented IT professionals very much committed to R&D, developing highly specialized technology used in 4th and 5th generation mobile telecommunication systems.
Our client is a trusted partner to international market leaders in telecommunications and financial markets where it provides digital transformation solutions to elevate their business operation. They’re working on mission-critical software projects for some of the world’s largest technology companies. At the start of 2018, they hired a team of 70 Software Engineers to work on their software campus in Athlone-Ireland.
The role involves:
Develop web applications, APIs, and proofs of concepts.
Think about and improve usability.
Facilitate automated testing.
A lean start-up approach to development.
Latest approaches to software development will be used including continuous integration, continuous deployment and agile methodologies.
Fantastic opportunity to work with highly specialized technology.
Large scale enterprise international team.
The technology stack is Python, Java Linux AWS.
On the DevOps side, we are working with the latest automation tools Ansible.
Be part of a self-organizing team.
A successful candidate should demonstrate:
4+ years of Java experience.
Strong core Java experience.
Experience with application frameworks, like Java EE or Spring.
Capable of building unitary tests using tools like JUnit and Mockito.
Proficient use of source control tools e.g. git.
Experience using build tools, e.g. Maven, Gradle, Ant.
Experience with Linux is desirable.
The ability to build strong working relationships with customers and other members of the software development teams.
The ability to operate well under a variety of different situations and types of projects, ranging from agile, a team of one, to a team of many.
Interested in container technologies such as Docker.
Strong track record and the ability to utilize technology to automate solutions and optimize outcomes.
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in software or engineering.
• Employees enjoy a stable work-life balance (flexitime).
• Possibilities of remote working up to 2 days per week.
• Extremely technical and purely development based.
• Non-political and practical.
• Project-based and highly collaborative.
• Social atmosphere in a diverse, multi-cultural team environnement.
• Flat organizational structure.
We seek to attract the best talent. An attractive compensation package together with a competitive salary and benefits program will be offered to the right candidate.
• Health Insurance - VHI Health Care Insurance (Plan Plus) after 6 months.
• Private Pension Fund (50/50).
• Death in service.
• Paid holidays.
• Extra vacations.
• Company laptop.
• Educational budget. Partnership with an award-winning higher education institution in Ireland.
• Company-sponsored benefits: Gym membership, Tech events, Engineering Training Program.
• Maternity Benefit: Full salary paid for 26 weeks and Paternity Benefit: Full salary paid for 2 weeks.
• One-on-one career coaching sessions with IT leadership.
• Strong relocation support: Relocation costs covered (Flight, transport of possessions and work permit).
• Accommodation for the first month while supporting you and your family to secure permanent accommodation.
• Assist with finding a school or kindergarten for the kids. Hassle-free registration with the Irish tax authorities and access to professional financial advice.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Amanda Melo.
+353 90 6478503
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services, and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website at www.collinsmcnicholas.ie.
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our consultants to discuss all the latest jobs!