About the company:
An IT Global Services, a transglobal organization currently with Delivery Centres in Auckland, Cork and Foster City. Our business strategy is to significantly grow and expand our business over the next 2 - 3 years through a combination of organic growth and acquisitions. Our core differentiator is our ability to deliver scalable and world-class 24*7 technical helpdesks. Our target market is a combination of Fortune 500 clients and high growth companies in the pharma, life sciences and IOT/manufacturing sectors. We have built our established reputation with an impressive list of long-standing clients because of our unique culture. This culture places innovation, problem-solving, people engagement and trust at the heart of our company. Our mission is to be a global leader in innovative IT customer support solutions that meet and exceed our business partner’s requirements.
About the role:
You will be required to establish a practical and effective rapport with the client and deliver on the expectations detailed in any contract agreement. The successful candidate will join a fast-growing team and offer them an excellent scope for professional development in a multi-tiered team of engineers. The Service Desk /Deployment Engineer will provide support as part of the SLA fulfillment with the customers.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Provide on-site technical support to the client by monitoring, managing and reporting on the queue.
• First-line investigation and diagnosis of support requests.
• Analyzing, troubleshooting and resolving end-user IT issues (mainly remotely) ranging from a forgotten password to a major system incident (Level 1 to Level 2 issues) and escalating all other tickets to the Senior Engineers in a timely manner.
• Deployment/Trouble-shooting of hardware issues including but not limited to relating to servers, storage, PCs, laptops, phones (desk, mobiles, Cisco Wireless Devices, Conference) and printers to include connectivity, Email, security, permissions, backups etc.
• Deployment/troubleshooting of Phones (desk, mobiles, Cisco Wireless Devices, Conference).
• Daily monitoring and management of the NetBackup environment.
Maintain hardware inventory database and update with all moves/additions as per the defined process.
• Advise Co-Coordinator of potential opportunities where services could be expanded to address specific issues at client sites.
• Complete weekly Time/Activity Forms.
• Adhere to all processes & procedures around laptop/desktop building and software deployment/retirement as set out by CMCI Build and deploy new laptop/desktop and perform handover for new users as required.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems, both Workstation and Server versions.
• Experience in adhering to KPIs.
• An experienced, responsible and independent person with good communication skills.
• Must have excellent fault diagnosis experience.
• Working knowledge of Windows XP, 2003-2012 Server, Active Directory, Software updates, patch management - in-depth knowledge.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to support clients remotely
• Working as part of a team.
• Experience with IT project work from inception to completion.
• 3 years + Bachelor’s degree in computer science or relevant IT experience.
• Service Desk Accreditations.
Location: Dublin 1
Contract start date/end date: December 2nd 2019 to January 31st 2020. It can be extended for a further 3 months
Payrate: ~ 120 per day
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Amanda Melo.
+353 90 6478503
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services, and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website at www.collinsmcnicholas.ie.
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our consultants to discuss all the latest jobs!