System Engineering Manager (Ireland Based)
Location: Dublin (central)
Start Date: ASAP
Our client, a leader in mobile telecommunications infrastructure with Worldwide recognition are seeking an experienced Systems Engineering Manager to join their cloud system engineering department based in Dublin. You'll be part of a team which is responsible for global cloud service O&M and provides 24/7 cloud service stability and security services. This role is a unique opportunity which focuses specifically on the end client's mobile services reliability, availability, monitoring/alerting, and capacity planning within EU region.
The successful candidate should have people management experience, be a strong communicator willing to work with geo-dispersed cross-functional teams, critical problem solver comfortable analysing complex technical issues and bring them to resolution within strict SLAs, fast learner and self-motivated who likes taking on new challenges in a fast paced environment where you have the freedom to deliver impact at your own pace.
* Support and lead engineers working on Client's Mobile Services deployment, at different layers of the stack, on challenges related to scalability, reliability, performance and efficiency of systems
* Administer, maintain, and automate systems to ensure reliability, resiliency, scalability and security
* Monitor and debug issues across the Mobile Service (applications, networks, databases), provide technical resolutions and root cause analysis for high severity incidents
* Work closely with Software R&D teams to design, deploy, and operate components/services that are automated, resilient, and scalable
* Develop and deliver timely reports on service metrics including but not limited to availability, capacity, performance, and latency across all production systems
* Continuously improve System Engineering operations (e.g. automate routine tasks, document new procedures etc.). Set standards for deployments at scale, infrastructure reliability and scalability.
* Ad-hoc on-call support may be required (1 week per 2 months on average or less).
* Manage and grow existing team of System Engineering experts. Build and enrich an inclusive work environment comprised of people from diverse backgrounds
* Work closely with System Engineering Director and dedicated recruiting staff to expand the team including interviewing candidates, participating in conferences/events, and on-boarding new employees
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science / Telecommunications or equivalent experience related to Information Technology, with at least 4+ years' experience as an Internet distributed Systems Engineer or SRE managing a SaaS / PaaS environment (e.g. AWS basis application)
* At least 2+ years of team leadership / people management experience
* Deep experience managing Linux and/or databases (e.g. MySQL)
* Experience in network technologies (e.g. TCP/IP, Ethernet, UDP, DHCP, DNS, ARP, WAN routing)
* Solid understanding of incident management, change management, and problem management
* Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of drive
* Experience configuring and deploying VMs and Cloud Infrastructure (AWS, Azure).
* Scripting language knowledge (e.g. Bash or Python);
* Experience working with Ansible or similar automation tools
* Experience with Apache/Tomcat basis application maintenance.
Interested and want to know more? Click Apply* today!
**Please note due to the timescales involved with the project we are only able to accept applications from individuals who are located in Ireland at this time