Information Providers Ltd are currently seeking applicants for a Network Engineer. This is a full time position based in Longford.
The Network Engineer will play a key role in our Project Team, and will be responsible for supporting the day to day running of the organisation’s network infrastructure and all associated network projects.
- Operates a converged LAN/WAN environment based upon Cisco routing and switching equipment, extensive knowledge of the Cisco product and command sets is essential for this role
- In addition to the standard Cisco routing and switching, knowledge of VOIP, QoS and Video conferencing are essential
- Possess an excellent understanding and working knowledge of all types of networking hardware and software
- Since all our business ICT systems are dependent upon the fully resilient communications infrastructure within the organisation, it is imperative that the status of the networking links – both local and remote – are constantly monitored and proactively managed. With more voice traffic migrating to the LAN/WAN infrastructure, support in this area is of the utmost importance and needs to be treated as a “core” system in itself
- Design/implementation of BMS/ Cell Call/ High Security CCTV networks/ Fire Safety IP systems
- Communications infrastructure design, cabling, power, security, fire suppression, cooling
- Security of our infrastructure is a top priority and any proposed or current designs need to take this into consideration and for that reason extensive experience of network security products (firewalls, IP encryption etc.) is essential
- Carry out the telephony support for end users and as such require high levels of expertise in this area for implementation of the agreed telecommunications strategy. This includes all aspects of telephony including mobile, analogue and VOIP
- Support of a Unified Communication Solutions
- Working in coordination with other members of the team to troubleshoot and escalate higher priority issues
- Ability to draw upon previous experience coupled with an innovative and creative approach to technical problem solving
- Cisco Call manager 9.1.2
- Cisco NAC 4.7.2
- Cisco Unity Connection 9.1.2 Administration.
- Cisco Unified Contact Centre Management 11.5.1
- Cisco ASA 5520/5525X Firewall Migration/Admin.
- Cisco Firepower/Firesight/AMP
- Juniper SRX550 Administration/Configuration.
- Cisco Nexus 7k/5K/2K.
- Cisco C Chassis Administration.
- Juniper SSG520 Firewall Admin.
- Juniper Space 16.1R1
- Cisco TMS Video Conferencing.
- Fortinet 100D Proxy Appliance Installation/Admin.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a similar role
- Whilst industry certification may be important, practical real-world experience within a similar role will be given high consideration
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Encouraged learning, access to unlimited training resources
- Free on site parking
- 20 days paid leave
Candidates should have work rights in Ireland (either EEA citizen or Stamp 4 holders).
Please attach your latest CV and contact details with the application.
Job Type: Full-time