You will join a fast-paced organisation based in Galway and manage an international support team based across EMEA and APAC.
Your goal will be to provide an outstanding level of first and second-tier IT support to networking, Windows/ MAC/ Linux operating systems, VMWare, backup, email, SAN/NAS storage, account administration, computer hardware and end-user software, smartphone technologies, and IT compliance for a defined group of the company's global users.
You will also be an escalation point to provide first and second-tier support for the efficient resolution of IT end-user related incidents, service requests, and problems for customers.
• Assigns, monitors, and manages Support Services technician duties, including resource scheduling, ticket management, and inventory management.
• Provides administrative, operational, and development functions for IT Support Services tools and management systems.
• Provides financial and asset management recommendations and oversight included but not limited to software licenses and hardware purchases for customers and Support Services.
• Collaborates with IT management and global Support Services term members to develop, monitor, and enforce Support Services policies, procedures, and standards relating to incident, service request, and problem management processes.
• Develops succession, training, and development plans for each technician to create a high performing term to consistently meet the dynamic needs of the business.
• Trains, coaches, mentors, recruits, and provides performance reviews for the Support Services personnel in their department.
• Develops and maintains IT training and instructional material for the Support Services team and for the end-user community.
• Builds cross-functional partnerships with other business groups to enhance the overall customer service experience.
• Spearheads processes for continual service improvement within the staff, guided by ITIL framework that includes analysis and identification of trends in incidents and devising preventative solutions.
• Ensures that statistics and status reports are completed and modified to meet the changing needs of the department and to provide measurable goals.
• Provides limited technical support for Executive support, engineering, manufacturing, and other business systems for local offices.
• Works with other IT and business departments for the introduction of, changes to, or elimination of computing services to provide end-user communications, training, and establish or modify Support Services procedures as needed.
• Provides assistance, oversight, or project management on customer-related IT projects undertaken by the Support Services group.
• Provides occasional after-hours support as may be needed.
EXPERIENCE WE LOVE TO SEE
• 7+ years of Support Services experience, with at least 3 in a lead or supervisor role and preferably in a mid to large size international enterprise environment.
• ITIL or HDI certifications, as well as any other related technical certification.
• Strong knowledge in client IT technology to include, but not limited to, computer hardware and software, LAN/WAN/WLAN networks, cellular phones, email, Windows/MAC/Linux operating systems, backups, SAN /NAS storage, VMWare, and IT compliance.
• Extensive knowledge and experience implementing and working in environments following ITIL and HDI best-practice methodologies.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Strong leadership skills and experience in developing high performing International teams, development plans and succession plans, as well as resolving conflicts