Who we are looking for
At PwC you'll get to work with the largest, most recognisable clients in the world.
We are rapidly building out our team of digital product delivery specialists and we are looking for individuals who will play a key role in achieving our mission of helping clients thrive in the digital age.
We're looking for people who will think outside the box, not settling for the status quo and who will look to create impact from day one.
About the role
As a senior software engineer within PwC you will form an integral part in the delivery of digital solutions to meet the needs of our clients. In PwC's agile delivery team you will be designing and building solutions, which keep our clients at the forefront of digital technologies and ahead of their competitors.
You will utilise best practices such as Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Test-Driven Development and peer reviews, and be involved in end-to-end software delivery.
A senior software engineer will be able to lead small teams of engineers, design and build technical solutions to meet business requirements, adhering to high coding standards and engineering principles. You would typically have technical ownership across a product or feature set within a product, perhaps specialising in one area.
Some level of travel will be required for this role.
The Senior Software Engineer should have experience of
* Contributing to or leading application design
* End-to-end involvement in software delivery
* Working with production systems
* Demonstrating OO development in a commercial environment
* Ownership of a product or set of features within a product
* A range of software delivery tools (source control, agile tools, CI, IDE etc)
* Implementing and following best practices
* Effective prioritisation of tasks and personal time management
* Producing estimates for self and others
* Demonstrating initiative
* Coaching and mentoring more junior team members
* Interacting with clients and/or product owners
* Degree in computer science related discipline
* Microservices architecture practical knowledge
* Understanding of blockchain technologies
* Behavioural Driven Development and Exploratory Testing
* Cloud environment experience
We're one of the world's leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.