Field Support Engineers
We are looking for enthusiastic and willing to learn 1st Line Support Engineer. The ideal candidate will have prior experience operating in a 1st line support capacity ideally within a Financial Services or other large Corporate environment. You will be bringing a huge willingness to learn and a positive client centric attitude to the role which will be focused on supporting a relatively standard MS Office Suite / Windows 10 / Active Directory / Citrix environment. Training will be offered on in-house applications and application support will form part of the role in time. The successful candidate will have a 3rd level degree in Computer Science or in a related area, and an extensive amount of the following skills and experience:
Key Skills Required:
* Working in a user facing Services Helpdesk with significant direct interaction with users at all levels of the organisation both face to face and on the telephone.
* Good exposure to supporting in a Windows 10, Active Directory and Citrix environment at a minimum. Exposure to Servers / VMware / SQL / Linux would be a distinct advantage.
* Supporting users both on and off site - experience using remote support tools required - on desktop and laptop computing and networking.
* Ideally a minimum of 18 months commercial helpdesk experience.
* Experience of Customer support processes and techniques.
* Strong analytical skills and the ability to solve problems.
* Flexible and adaptable person with strong communication skills both written and oral.
* Strong Interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong working relationships.
* Customer focused with an excellent telephone manner.
Please note that only candidates with an EU passport or those already in possession of an Irish work permit can be considered for this role. You must be available to interview in Ireland on a face to face basis at short notice. Our client is looking for a resource available to start as soon as possible