ROLE: Cloud Infrastructure Architect
DURATION: 6- 12 months day rate contract
Our client in the financial services industry is looking for a Cloud Infrastructure Architect to join their team on a 6 - 12 month daily rate contract basis.
You will be responsible for:
* Working on a variety of cloud platforms and with IT from Private IaaS on an IBM Cloud, OpenPaas in the Amazon Public Cloud and AzurePaaS in Microsoft's Azure Cloud
* Migrating CLP Apps into Cloud and hybrid Cloud with scalable, resilient architecture designs and documentation
* Work closely with Infrastructure Architect, Application Owners and Business Solutions Team to gather current infrastructure and App design for each App producing documentation on Server, DB, Middleware, Storage, and Networking detailing all communications across Production and nonproduction environments.
* Align and document the current design to target Cloud infrastructure, listing resources required (Container images, WebApps etc.) with network infrastructure (NSG, App SZ, gateways, routers)
* Depending on Cloud design details can include VM Patterns, App Security Zones, Data Class, EPG's, DR Class, Network Tier, Backup Policy and non-functional items (billing tags etc.)
* Liaise with App and Solutions Design teams for any design improvements.
* Follow the Cloud migration process to progress (including Data Protection and classification, Security pen test, Arch Review Boards, Governance etc.) and secure Cloud build permit.
* Follow migration process through to completion and handover to App Team.
* Support for Infrastructure architecture duties and project design.
* Performing architectural reviews of each application and mapping this to the designated Cloud.
* Own and maintain the Architectural side of the Cloud Migration governance.
Advantageous Technical Qualifications:
* AWS Certified Solutions Architect certification (ideally covering OpenPaaS)
* IBM Cloud (or other) PIaaS Architecture certification
* IT certifications (VMware VCP, Cisco CCNx etc.)