Senior Data Scientist
LexisNexis Risk Solutions, Dublin, Ireland
Salary: 75-90k EURO (Depending on experience)
Please note: We are unable to sponorship. You must hold right to work without this in Ireland.
The role of Senior Data Scientist will be to conduct statistical analysis and build predictive models for a variety of performance outcomes. The Data Scientist will work across a number of insurance markets including, but not limited to: motor, home, commercial, health and life. The candidate will have a great understanding of data manipulation, attribute/variable creation, statistical methods, and multiple modelling/scoring techniques and will be capable of completing projects with minimal supervision. The candidate will balance day-to-day production assignments, research assignments and will contribute to the advancement of the group. The candidate may lead a small team of Data Scientists, providing tactical direction and oversight of the team's work. You will work with a wider team of other Data Scientists and should be comfortable working in a collaborative environment, as well as being a self-starter. An exciting opportunity to join a FTSE 100 company as a Data Scientist that offers excellent benefits and affording terrific career prospects.
• Review and provide critical guidance for the development, coding, and implementation of all analysis and statistical models
• Provide consultative support, training, and be a resource to internal and external statistically trained and non-statistically trained audiences
• Provide consultation, training, and analysis to the sales support group on sales presentations and product demonstrations.
• Improve processes within the team to ensure future projects are efficiently accomplished.
• Summarise conclusions, recommendations and solutions for client or stakeholder presentation
• Build or supervise others to build statistical models, variable creation and complete various analytic projects for a variety of applications including risk, fraud, and/or collections in insurance, credit, and telecom. These projects will support internal development projects as well as client sponsored projects.
• Ensure risks inherent in model development and usage are properly identified and managed
• Suggest/build software tools to streamline the building of models and other analysis
• Research and design advanced scores, attributes, products and indexes through exploration of across a wide range of data sources
• Serve as a team lead, providing oversight and direction
• Researches best practices and new technologies
• Other duties as assigned.
• Master's Degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics or equivalent quantitative methods, MSc or PhD in similar field an advantage.
• Extensive applied modeling and analytics experience in applicable industry. Previous team lead experience preferred. Advance user of Python, R, SAS or equivalent analytic software.
• Excellent working knowledge of statistical analysis methodologies such as GLMs, Decision Trees, PCA, etc.
• Strong ability to learn quickly and communicate effectively.
• Thorough understanding of various statistical methodologies including generalized linear regression, logistic regression, and other advanced analytic methods
• Excellent analytical and project management skills.
• Experience processing large data sets
• Experience matching/merging multiple data sets
• Fluency with Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
We're a superb company to work for, with great people, world class technology, market leading products, a culture of innovation and collaboration, and superb
At LexisNexis Risk Solutions, we believe in the power of data and advanced analytics for better risk management. With over 40 years of expertise, we are the trusted data analytics provider for organizations seeking actionable insights to manage risks and improve results while upholding the highest standards for security and privacy. Headquartered in metro Atlanta, LexisNexis Risk Solutions serves customers in more than 100 countries and is part of FTS 100, RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries.
LexisNexis is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age