Software Engineer – Xamarin
We have an excellent opportunity for a Software Engineer with .Net and Xamarin experience to join one of the world’s leading providers in their industry. Our client is responsible for providing software development for many different large-scale business applications. They have been setting the standards over the last 40 years creating innovative and customer centric software solutions using cutting edge technology.
Apply for the Software Engineer role above, or contact Ryan Wannenburg for more information.
• Responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of new and existing features for the existing portfolio of applications for a business area
• Design, codes, configures, unit tests, maintains, and documents software deliverables using agreed upon standards and tools. Participates in sizing and estimation activities within the agile team
• Communicates daily with the Scrum Master or Team Lead and the Agile team on progress made and planned progress for the coming day and reports any impediments that are blocking their progress
• Collaborates with Business Analysts and User Experience (UX) designers to ensure designs produced can be translated efficiently into working solutions for feature delivery
• Automates testing of software to industry standards of software automation ensuring very high quality application/solution delivery and efficient regression of existing features
• Ensures that the latest project progress is known to the agile team by ensuring Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools are up to date and participating in daily standups outlining progress made, progress planned and detailing impediments
Required Skills and Experience for the Software Engineer Role:
• 2+ years’ experience of Mobile development, Xamarin Forms, Xamarin Native, XAML an advantage
• 2+ years’ experience with Microsoft technologies such as C#, .Net, and ASP.Net MVC and MVVM.
• Experience with consuming and understanding of web services and REST APIs.
• Ability to collaborate with our UX/UI team, be part of the design discussions/decisions and ensure designs are reproduced faithfully across platforms
• Experience of cross platform development for both Android and iOS, using Xamarin Forms.
• Experience with mobile-specific functionality, such as location and push notifications.
• Ability to write Unit Tests & UI Tests for Xamarin Test Cloud.
• Knowledge of Agile Development Methodologies
• Takes an innovative approach to problem solving
• Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills.
• Strong team player; able to work effectively within a team and more broadly with people from a variety of backgrounds and areas across the organization.
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 2449531)