Brook Street (UK) Limited is recruiting an ICT Connect Engineer for our Belfast client
This is primarily a field-based networking role with some cross over in the telephony side of the business with training provided.
Our clients work with Cisco, Juniper, Fortinet and Mikrotik networking devices mainly, so knowledge of any of these would be helpful.
Due to the nature of the networking role there would be a requirement for out of hours work ultimately the successful candidate would be part of the on-call rota which is about 1 in 4 weeks
* Responsible for the installation and support of the equipment at customer's premises to ensure effective service within agreed time scales and to the standards required by the company.
* Ensure the appropriate level of liaison between accredited partners, sales and customers is delivered to maintain an efficient and effective service.
* Provide consultancy and appropriate advice and support to customers as required.
* Establish and maintain effective communication with third-party network service providers as required.
* Ensure that customers receive the correct product to meet their specific requirements.
* Plan and co-ordinate effective training ensuring the customer has a sound understanding of the product and the benefits it can offer.
* Plan and organise travel and accommodation requirements to customer sites in accordance with the procedures required by the company.
* Identify and develop the required level of interpersonal and presentation skill sets, building trust and confidence to ensure effective site visits.
* Complete the required documentation and reporting in respect of the installation, configuration and commissioning of equipment as required.
* Ensure complete customer satisfaction in respect of all aspects of work carried out.
* Ensure personal time management reports are completed within agreed time frames.
* Responsible as required for the provision of office based technical support internally and externally.
* Responsible as required for onsite maintenance.
* Ensure all issues are dealt with as quickly as is practicable and to report to your Manager any issues that may arise from specific faults.
* To be responsible for the planning, preparation and presentation of internal and external training courses as required by the Support Manager.
* To be part of the 24-hour call out rota as required. Making yourself available to assist other engineers where appropriate.
* At least 2 years experience within an engineering / ICT role (Field based) role.
* Evidence of ability to investigate issues, analyse and present options for achieving resolution.
If interested please send CV via the link