Cloud Architect – AWS
In this role your key area of focus will be on architecting cloud-based solutions for a variety of projects, which will include research & development, building prototypes and proof of concepts to guide solutions and best practices. You will work collaboratively with Software Engineers, Architects, Information Security Specialists and Application Operations team members in these endeavours.
Apply for the Cloud Architect Role above or contact Ryan Wannenburg for more information.
Responsibilities of the Cloud Architect Role:
• Architect AWS based solutions for custom developed applications.
• DevOps evangelist and ownership throughout product lifecycle. Strong DevOps experience/mindset with CALMS principles.
• Automate provisioning of both cloud-based infrastructure and application deployment/configuration to support the development organization.
• Develop Cloud Native Architectures
• Collaborate on IAM management strategy.
• Identify, develop, implement and improve infrastructure/operations activities for automation with Cloud experience, particularly with AWS
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues in all environments through proven detail-oriented analysis in root cause scenarios and technical deep dives
• Contribute to team efforts to maintain processes and tools for infrastructure, monitoring and operations with clear documentation
• Implement strategies for optimization, high availability and recovery
• Ability to communicate well with multiple cross functional stakeholders
• Efficiently manage multiple work streams with clear and proactive communication of status, as both a self-starter and a team player.
Required Skills and Knowledge for the Cloud Architect Role:
• Strong development background with track record of delivering products to production.
• Strong understanding of the software development life cycle.
• Automation mindset based on past success, including ability to provide automation guidance to team members and developers.
• Strong capabilities in scripting
• IAM experience including management of Policies, Roles, Users and Groups. Cross account access, Role assumption and the use of Boundary Policies,
• AWS Support level experience with EC2, ECS, ALB, S3, VPC, CodeCommit/git, and Route53 DNS
• Application Monitoring experience, preferably including AWS CloudWatch.
• Experienced in troubleshooting, deep-dives, and debugging
• Functional knowledge of Database concepts, both relational and DynamoDB
• Comfortable operating in a matrix organization, strong ability to communicate across teams
• Availability to occasionally support systems on-call after hours as needed
• Strong ability to learn and use new technologies and frameworks
• Understanding of High Availability services concepts
• Experienced in Application Performance Management, preferably App Dynamics
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 2449531)