Translink has invested in a Smart City Ticketing Solution and require a Technical Design Authority to come on board and become the technical lead in designing, configuring and implementing ticketing software, user interfaces and screen flows to deliver customer-facing mobile ticketing apps required by Translink.
You will join the Translink Future Ticketing Team and demonstrate experience in translating business operational requirements into functional deliverables. Previous experience in developing, testing, implementation and support on POS network or devices in a customer-facing environment is essential.
Translink, as Northern Irelands railway provider, has a strategy to maintain and grow passenger and network capacity with plans to introduce higher-speed service, track upgrades, station refurbs and new builds, refurbishment of trains and upgrade ticketing systems.
*Please note that detailed application forms must be submitted online before 12noon 12th November so early application is advisable*
As TFTS Technical Design Authority you will join Translink latest Ticketing project and your new role will include but not be limited to the following:
* Working with the appointed ticketing systems suppliers to specify, design and refine bus, rail and Glider ticketing device hardware and software for the new TFTS system.
* Act as Technical Design Authority for any new systems/enhancements being introduced on the new ticketing devices or mobile apps.
* Take the lead in specifying requirements with the appointed ticketing systems supplier for all ticketing devices, their associated software applications and associated software files
* Ensure all aspects of the new ticketing system are functional to an optimum level of performance delivering a high-quality service to all ticketing system users.
* Work with the appointed mobile app supplier to design, develop, test and implement any new mobile applications associated to seamlessly integrate with the new TFTS system.
* Take full responsibility for performing end to end testing on all ticketing device software and mobile applications.
* Produce detailed procedures documents, including contingency management processes, to ensure effective control of all aspects of the device functionality. Organise processes for monitoring reporting tools to ensure that devices are operating as expected.
To be considered for this role you will have:
* Minimum of 3 years' experience in development, programming, testing, implementation and support of distributed systems or devices in a customer-facing environment e.g. retail POS network.
* Minimum of a degree, ideally an I.T qualification.
* Experience in translating business operational requirements into functional deliverables which can be used practically in a business environment.
* Experience of investigation and faultfinding on individual devices and software applications.
It would be Desirable if candidates had the following:
* Possess knowledge of current Translink Ticketing System Databases and Translink ticket types, fares and routes.
* Experience in design/definition/testing of mobile apps or other digital experience channels.
* Experience of data report writing including SQL query writing and execution.
(A full job specification and application form can be provided upon application)
To apply for this "Technical Design Authority" role please select the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss the role specifics in more detail.
To speak with one of our Civil Engineering Consultants and hear more about this role please call Damien or Anne
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client