At ABTRAN we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees have been key factors in our company’s growth. We are hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, to ensure a bright future.
Let us tell you more about this great opportunity:
Abtran is looking for an experienced IT Manager / Vendor Manager who will support our client in delivering high quality, reliable solutions by working in collaboration with key application vendors and third-party managed service providers.
This role will involve managing several IT providers to ensure that they are delivering services to contracted SLAs. Regular performance reviews and reporting against KPIs and security posture is required. Monitoring and management of ICT infrastructure to ensure systems are secure, performant and available is a key element of this role.
How you will spend your day:
- You will have overall ownership for the management of vendors and managed service providers to ensure all services are delivered to contracted SLA’s.
- Reporting on vendor performance and security posture.
- Monitoring and management of ICT systems to ensure high levels of ICT service are delivered to our client’s business owners, operators and customers.
- Provide advice and support to key stakeholders and business owners throughout our client’s organisation.
- Management, development and testing of ICT Security including vulnerability management.
- Identity and Access management including User Access Management reviews.
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity planning and testing of ICT systems and backups.
- Management of system changes in line with the company’s policy.
- Maintaining the accuracy and completeness of all relevant system configuration documentation.
- Assisting in the development and documentation of ICT policies and procedures; and document and monitor adherence to policies.
- Liaising with 3rd parties and developing system interfaces with other public sector bodies and transport operators.
- ICT lifecycle management and roadmap development.
- ICT infrastructure planning, consolidation, rationalisation.
- Contribute to procurement and contract activities as required.
- Contribute to cloud migration and infrastructure projects.
- Maintain the ICT Risk and Asset Registers.
- Capacity and Availability Management.
- License management.
Essential Qualifications, Training and Experience:
- Desirable Attributes of ICT / Vendor Manager will include the following:
- A record of achievement in their career to date, demonstrating management skills including the ability to provide leadership and direction in a complex ICT organisation.
- Experience of managing vendors to ensure performance is in line with contracted SLA’s.
- Experience and knowledge of key technologies in use in the Authority including Amazon Web Services, Azure, Cloud Security, Microsoft Server, MS SQL, SharePoint, MS Dynamics iOS, Android, Citrix, Cisco, LAN/WAN management, SAN storage, VMWare management, virtualisation, cloud hosting and management, website development.
- Operational experience of managing applications in the cloud.
- Excellent knowledge of recent technology developments and roadmaps.
- Ability to network with peers and vendors and develop relationships.
- Ability to lead teams, develop team skills, and influence organisational change.
- Experience of managing competing demands of stakeholders and customers.
- Customer service orientation in relation to Service Management e.g. ITIL.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with a track record successful proposal for business improvements.
We’ve told you what you will do for us, now let us tell you what we will do for you:
At Abtran once you join us you become part of a team and part of an amazing community. We believe in nurturing and inspiring our people. We offer training in many different topics in professional development and personal development. Our Learning Management System has been recognised as the ‘Most Innovative Use of Technology’ in the HR Leadership & Management Awards. We believe in motivating our people to meet their goals and progress in their career and are big on internal promotions. There are so many opportunities for progression and have had many success stories this year and in previous years.
Some other employee benefits include:
- Wellbeing programme focused on our people’s health and wellness
- Health Discount Programme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Discounts
- Life Cover
- Development Programmes to support your progression
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Leap Card Tax Saver
- Maternity Pay & Paternity Pay
What you need to do now:
If you are hungry to succeed in a growing organisation, have the desired background we would like to hear from you now.