Data Storage Administrator
My Client is a leading provider of software solutions for the fintech industry. The Data Storage Administrator is responsible for the integrity, security and performance of the Company’s various data stores including files systems, cloud base storage and databases.
Apply for the Data Storage Administrator Role above or contact Stephen Kelly for more information.
Responsibilities of the Data Storage Administrator Role:
• Audit trails are available to demonstrate security, performance and integrity
• Provision for data security and data-protection compliance
• Maintaining data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act/GDPR requirements
• Monitoring performance and managing parameters to provide fast responses to front-end users
• Considering both back-end organization of data and front-end accessibility for end-users.
• Further refining the physical design to meet storage requirements
• Communicating regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure integrity and security of data
• Writing documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions
• Ensuring that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly
• Capacity planning
Required Skills and Experience for the Data Storage Administrator Role:
• 3+ years’ experience in Microsoft SQL Server including server administration, mirroring and performance testing
• Good knowledge of the management of various data stores
• Strong skill in managing and monitoring performance and optimizing SQL queries/views
• Solid documentation and record keeping ability
• Understanding of the general principles around data classification and data retention
• Analytical and logical thinker with good problem-solving skills
#Database #VBScript #Powershell #SSIS #SSRS #SQL If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 015367390)