Sentenial is a financial services and technology company with headquarters in Maynooth, Ireland. Over the last 10+ years we have established ourselves as a leader in providing hosted payment applications to European Banks and Corporates, while also running our own Payment Institution service “Nuapay”. We are seeking competent IT personnel to become part of our Sentenial development team and contribute to the continued success of the company. We wish to recruit a DevOps Engineer to join our Technical Operations team. Using custom built technologies along with open-source tools, our Technical Operations teams keep Sentenials customer-facing products running, robust, and secure 24x7x365.
- Maintaining a high security payments server infrastructure
- Analyzing and improving availability, efficiency, capacity, scalability, security and performance of underlying infrastructure.
- Monitoring of production applications, including designing and implementing automated methods to monitor production applications.
- Developing and maintaining operational tools.
- Troubleshooting and resolving problems with production systems
- BS in Computer Science or an IT related discipline.
- Minimum of three years industry experience in Systems Administration.
- Experience working with 24x7 production environments with responsibilities for establishing fit for purposes monitoring, alerting and capacity planning techniques.
- Good knowledge of network methodologies and security principles.
- Experience working in a process driven environment (Kanban/Scrum)
- Experience with some or all of the following technologies:
- Linux (Red Hat/CentOS)
- Bash/Python Scripting
- Virtualization (preferably VMware)
- Logging Tools such as Splunk/Kibana
- Network device configuration including Firewalls and Switches
- Middleware administration (Jboss/HornetQ/MQ)
- Configuration Management tooling (e.g. Puppet)
- RDBMSs such as Oracle/PostGreSQL and NoSQL databases
- Kubernetes / Docker
- AWS services EKS, EC2, ECS and RDS
- GIT, Jenkins, Maven
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal communication, written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Bash scripting knowledge
- Experience in Disaster Recovery methodologies
- Understanding of job scheduling systems
- Good understanding of monitoring systems
- Experience of working with secure file transfer mechanisms
- Experience of Financial/Payment systems
Why work for Sentenial?
- Leading Technologies – Agile Methodologies
- Work on new FinTech initiatives like Open Banking, Instant Payments
- Great location just off the N4 (free parking)
- Strong team culture – collaboration is key
- Opportunity to influence decisions - have your voice heard and experience count
- Excellent career building opportunities in all roles
- Regular Sports and Social Events
- 3 company sponsored family days per year
- Annual Employee Events
- Monthly group lunch for employees / Weekly brunch
- Progressive Leave Allocation, Pension, Health Insurance
To apply please quote DevOps Engineer and send a CV / cover letter to email@example.com