Sentenial is a financial services and technology company with headquarters in Ireland. Over the last 10+ years we have established ourselves as a leader in providing hosted payment applications to European Banks and Corporates, while also running our own Payment Institution service “Nuapay”. We are seeking competent IT personnel to become part of our Sentenial development team and contribute to the continued success of the company. We wish to recruit a Senior Software Engineer to be based in Maynooth who shares our passion for technology, innovation and excellence to help us enhance our cloud solutions and increase our market-leading position.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will have a minimum of 6 years’ experience practicing software development. You are an excellent communicator and are able to explain complex technical matters at any level. You are a technical and domain expert in the industries in which you have worked. You are a technical decision maker with the ability to influence people with your ideas. You are hands on, and have an excellent understanding for the development environment in which you operate.
- Minimum of 6 years’ industry experience, with recent experience in a Senior Software Engineer role.
- Experience with Java (JDK8), Spring Framework, Hibernate and other Open Source frameworks.
- Excellent verbal communication, written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Experience in Financial Services Industry or with payment solutions
- Strong understanding of OO principals, enterprise architecture and design patterns.
- Strong understanding of best practices in application architecture including security (e.g. OAuth 2), performance and scalability.
- Strong understanding of highly volume systems architecture and deployment models
- Experience with UI consumer facing applications with dynamic traffic patterns
- Strong experience with RESTFul/JSON architecture style and related tooling.
- Ability to coach, mentor and lead at a technical level.
- Excellent analytical, creative and problem solving skills.
- BS or higher in Computer Science or an IT related discipline.
- Experience with the following technologies and tools:
o JBOSS application server, Spring Boot.
o Spring: Core, Security, AOP, REST, WS
o Spring Batch/Integration or other Batch processing frameworks
o Web Services: SOAP, REST/JSON, Swagger
o Spring MVC, AJAX, JQuery, JSP, Struts, Angular 2, Bootstrap
o XML Processing: SAX, StAX, DOM, JAXB, XPath, XSLT
o JDK8: JMS, JTA, JDBC, JNDI, JPA (with Hibernate)
o Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Junit, Mocking frameworks
o Oracle, Maven, Docker
- Experience with NoSQL and Machine Learning technology
- Experience of working in an agile environment (Scrum, Kanban)
- SEPA knowledge and experience is an advantage.
Why work for Sentenial?
- Leading Technologies – Agile Methodologies
- Work on new FinTech initiatives like Open Banking, Instant Payments
- Great location just off the N4 (free parking)
- Strong team culture – collaboration is key
- Opportunity to influence decisions - have your voice heard and experience count
- Excellent career building opportunities in all roles
- Regular Sports and Social Events
- 3 company sponsored family days per year
- Annual Employee Events
- Monthly group lunch for employees / Weekly brunch
- Progressive Leave Allocation, Pension, Health Insurance
To apply please quote Senior Software Engineer and send a CV / cover letter to email@example.com