CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at .
CME Group is looking for an experienced Test Engineer to work alongside the CME Engineering and Execution (E&E) team in Belfast in the Trade Execution Team. You will help deliver high profile and mission critical deliveries on CME's Flagship trading application - Globex.
The Test Engineer will be responsible for software delivery to systems that must achieve a unique blend of ultra-low latency performance, the capacity to seamlessly facilitate the busiest trading days in the world economy, and rock-solid reliability and integrity. An understanding of both the underlying technology and the development, testing, and deployment lifecycle of the applications will be critical. The successful joiner must be able to solve problems creatively, communicate effectively, and work both independently and collaboratively.
* Work with analysts to decompose high level requirements for new features into concise, descriptive stories, and provide input to estimation
* Participate in code reviews, proactively identifying and mitigating potential issues and defects.
* Apply expert knowledge of Testing techniques, methodologies, and tools to write automated tests and validate key services.
* Investigate issues autonomously, reporting and tracking defects.
* Works alongside Developers to ensure rock solid reliability
* Follows team defined processes; advocates opportunities for improvements.
* Embraces and enforces CME Group SDLC and information security standards.
* Bachelor's degree (with honours) or equivalent/better strongly preferred, but substantial relevant experience could substitute.
* Significant experience in QA planning, strategy, and execution.
* Ability to understand and absorb business & technology concepts quickly.
* Prior experience working with BDD methodologies (Cucumber) and automated acceptance criteria.
* Experience of using Linux platform, commands, and scripts
* Experience of financial markets/exchange space and working with financial applications
* Knowledge of financial messaging protocols, and in particular FIX.
* Experience coding in a story-driven, agile environment. (using Confluence, JIRA, or other Atlassian tools)