Operate is seeking talented DevOps Engineers to join our rapidly growing Technology team based in Belfast. Operate Technology is dedicated to researching, developing, testing, implementing and supporting innovative technology solutions for the wider PwC organisation, its clients and stakeholders.
As a DevOps Engineer you will be involved in a range of DevOps practises such as working with cloud technologies, continuous integration and delivery, automation and more, using the best technology in the business such as; Azure, Splunk, HashiCorp, Docker, and Kubernetes.
You will be responsible for the underlying infrastructure of Operate Technology, ensuring smooth daily operations, alongside our development team, of a wide range of PwC platforms and applications.
* Apply cloud (Azure, GCP, AWS) computing skills to deploy upgrades and fixes
* Design, develop, and implement software integrations based on user feedback
* Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with development teams to streamline code deployment
* Implement automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines)
* Collaborate with team members to improve tools, systems and procedures, and data security
* Conduct systems tests for security, performance, and availability
* Develop and maintain design and troubleshooting documentation
* Experience as a DevOps Engineer or equivalent software-engineering role
* Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills to identify and resolve production issues
* Practical knowledge of container technology (e.g. Docker, K8s)
* Good background in security, networking and cloud services
* Automation tools (e.g. Puppet, Ansible)
* Knowledge of Windows or Linux administration, performance monitoring and debugging
* Experience in network, server, and application-status monitoring
* Expertise in software development methodologies
* Working knowledge of Ruby or Python and Source Control (e.g. GitHub)
* Working knowledge of databases and SQL
* Experience of supporting java servlet containers (e.g. Apache Tomcat)
This unique opportunity is in a highly accessible location, only a short walk from Lanyon Place train station. Occasional travel to PwC regional offices may be required in this role.
There will be lots of opportunity for exposure to PwC's global technology network and to directly feed into the creation of a state of the art technology space in our brand new headquarters in Merchant Square.
If you are looking for a role that offers excellent benefits and career progression within one of the largest professional services firms in the world, as well as a dynamic and upbeat working environment then please apply for immediate consideration.