Becoming a Technical Architect with Capita IT Services:
An excellent opportunity has arisen within Capita ITS for a Technical Architect to manage Enterprise level customers as they deliver against their IT strategy! Exciting times for Capita as we drive for growth and deliver better outcomes for our customers.
As part of our Technical Architecture team you will work with operational and project teams to provide detailed designs and guidance on various aspects of infrastructure solutions. The role is responsible for producing high level and low-level designs, and providing guidance and support for transition, transformation and delivery on a variety of initiatives such as SAN migrations, data centre moves, server-based computing, Cloud Integration such as Azure and Office 365 and desktop transformation technologies such as VDI and application virtualisation.
You will also apply functional knowledge and technical expertise to design systems that support customer needs. The position will be located out of our office in Newtownabbey, with some travel to customer sites in N. Ireland from time to time. We also operate a flexible working environment.
What you'll be doing:
* To be responsible and accountable for the design of an integrated technical solution across all streams of a project or small programme
* To understand the technical problems, challenges and complexities that exist within each stream or area of a programme and be able to manage and/or liaise with other technical stream leads to arrive at an integrated technical solution that meets the business requirements.
* Promote co-operation, and where necessary, coach and facilitate co-ordination of all technical streams leaders of a programme to achieve the successful delivery of an integrated technical solution.
* Identifies, understands and quantifies technical risk and advises on strategies to mitigate that risk.
* Support the project / programme manager in understanding the technical risks, dependencies and issues that exist, be able to quantify these and the impact that they may have on the project / programme.
* Ensures that all the agreed business requirements to be satisfied by the project are implemented in the overall solution, are traceable and are compatible with the project's technical architecture.
* Support the Solutions Architect to develop and enhance standards, policies/guidelines whilst driving adoption of standards.
* Perform audits, peer reviews and due diligence as required.
* Leverage and influence change programmes to develop/enhance the standards, policies/guidelines whilst driving adoption of standards
What we're looking for:
* Experienced in reviewing and creating design documents as a subject matter expert for infrastructure solutions.
* Technical design, configuration, and implementation expertise within large-scale Transformations and Migrations.
* Expertise in two or more of the core Microsoft Products (AD, SQL Server, SCCM/WSUS/MDT, App-V/VDI, Hyper-V, Exchange, Lync, SharePoint and Forefront), VMware or Citrix in a highly resilient environment is desirable.
* Strong knowledge and demonstrable experience with infrastructure architecture, implementation and support expertise.
* Expert technical and technical leadership skills.
* Technical risk identification and management.
* Planning and management of technical infrastructure tasks.
About Capita IT Services
Capita IT Services knows that businesses succeed on the strength and stability of their technology platforms. We provide infrastructure, technology and application support services to major clients across the public and private sector, allowing them to run smoothly in every aspect from data, application and service management, to data-centre & cloud capabilities, and strategic and technical consultancy. With our partner business, Capita Network Solutions, we're able to offer an exceptional, scalable range of capabilities - be it within a company's own network or in the cloud; consultancy or implementation; managed service or full business outsource.
Capita IT Services are part of Capita Plc, a leading UK provider of technology enabled business services. We're supporting and improving the lives of millions of people every day and we can only do this with the right people in place, working towards a shared goal. We encourage an open, honest working environment where everyone can be true to themselves and people are valued for their differences. We're always challenging each other to learn and improve, because we know when we work together, we can deliver better outcomes. We work across such a huge range of businesses and sectors, that you'll have the opportunity to grow and develop your career in any number of directions.
What's in it for you?
* A competitive basic salary
* 23 days holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
* Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave...and plenty more
* Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
* Free parking
You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You'll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you. If you have any questions you'd like to ask before applying, you can contact