Our client provides transformative network solutions to leading mobile operators around Ireland. They are looking for a Senior Oracle Developer who will report directly to the Product Development Manager.
About the Job:
* Automatic and Manual Loading of data into database using shell scripts and stored procedures in packages.
* Performance tuning of SQL statements
* Backup and restore using RMAN or equivalent tools. Monitoring full and incremental backups of RMAN. Proven track record in restoring database from backups in the event of media failure or instance failure.
* Patching and Upgrading of database. Ability to plan for software upgrades using best practices, full testing and rollback plans.
* Exporting/Importing Schemas and objects with Datapump
* Installation and management of oracle databases on cloud technology
* Create and maintain detailed design, release and maintenance documentation
* Provide 3rd level support to customers
* Provide expertise in data modeling using good design principles and industry best practices
* Design enterprise-wide scalable data warehouse solutions in line with business requirements
* Increase the overall effectiveness of the design process by identifying improvement opportunities and following through to implementation
* Provide the role(s) of data analyst, database developer and/or project manager according to the needs of each development project
* Manage the evolution of the database architecture and related IT infrastructure the ensure leading edge performance and efficiency of the database platform
* Identify the need for and evaluate and manage migration to new technologies
About the Ideal Candidate:
* 8+ years with Oracle Database technology
* Oracle 11g and 12c DBA Experience.
* Other Relational Database Experience (MySQL or PostgreSQL an advantage)
* Database data modeling experience
* Strong experience in software development processes
* Must be able to operate in fast paced very high volume transaction processing environment
* Strong troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
* Up to date with industry trends in particular the areas of "big data" and cloud technology
* Experience on migration from Oracle to other Relational Database an advantage
Required Technical Skills:
* Strong knowledge of PL/SQL and Oracle database programming.
* Experience of developing Data Warehousing and ETL processes.
* Hands on experience with PL/SQL performance tuning.
* Practical data modeling experience.
* Database partitioning experience.
* Exposure to big data technologies.
* Experience with Unix scripting.
* Experience with source code management
* Cloud platforms (AWS)
* Oracle APEX
* Oracle DBA skills - Experience with 11g including installation, patching, upgrades, backup and restore (using RMAN), good understanding of Database design for Data warehouse applications.
* Knowledge of Networking Technologies