Digital Records Manager - £500 - £600 day rate - inside IR35 - Belfastocation:
Coleraine or Belfast with travel to other offices as required across Northern Ireland
Reports to: Head of Digital Project Management Office
Status: Contract (6 months) with possibility of extension
Our client maintains digital records on a large number of staff and third parties which includes sensitive personal, performance and financial data. A number of these records exist either solely in paper form or in both paper and digital form. A major Digitisation project is underway which aims to deal with the legacy paper records and the paper-heavy business processes through policies, filtering, scanning, physical storage, digital storage, electronic forms and workflows.
The role will have responsibility for the delivery and maintenance of a records, data and data quality management framework across the company, in line with policy, industry best practice and Government policy.
Initially the priority focus will be to ensure correct management of the records and data containing personal data to ensure compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), safeguarding the data subjects whose data the client processes every day and in so doing protect the organisation from adverse reputational and financial impact.
Digital Records Manager - £500 - £600 day rate - inside IR35 - Belfast
1. To lead the Digital Record storage workstream of the Digitisation Project which aims to reduce the quantity of physical paper held by 85% in order to facilitate the move to the new Belfast campus. This workstream will ensure that:
* Any interface between the selected scanning solution and EDRMS is operating as expected;
* EDRMS configuration includes all requirements defined in the scanning processing information;
* All staff in faculties / departments are able to access their records post-scanning and feel confident in EDRMS usage;
* EDRMS functionality is being used to best advantage;
* Common records management standards are applied across all faculties / departments.
2. To lead the design and recommendations for a new EDRMS solution. The company has invested in SharePoint online as its Document Collaboration system of choice but the extent to which this platform can be used for enterprise records management needs to be assessed.
3. To audit current records management practice and carry out information surveys of existing records management systems.
4. Work with system owners and the secretary's office to identify the required actions necessary to enable implementation of legislative requirements in respect of the clients records.
5. Manage and develop the digital records management strategy in consultation with key stakeholders including with the Head of ICT Governance.
6. Make recommendations for the access and security procedures for digital records based on the security policies and in conjunction with legislative requirements.
7. To liaise and work with other stakeholders responsible for information handling activities ensuring consistent deployment of Digital Record Management policies, processes and procedures.
8. Deliver improvements to raise awareness of the importance of digital records management throughout the organisation through profile raising and delivering an effective marketing strategy.
9. To promote digital records management awareness throughout by providing training and written procedures that are widely disseminated and available to all staff.
10. To provide reports on progress and improvements in respect of the digital records management.
12. Manage and prioritise a road map and development plan for Digital Records Management.
13. Identify, document and resolve digital records issues using a structured approach and engaging with key stakeholders;
14. Manage service providers and vendors associated with digital records services as appropriate;
15. To act as a technical contact with providers of DISD services and to cooperate with the applications specialist teams both within DISD and the wider company to ensure that technical designs and solutions meet digital records management standards;
16. To promote digital records standards and technologies in support of strategic development;
17. To contribute to the planning and development of future services provision and the evaluation of new technologies particularly with relation to digital records management.
18. Participate in project management activities including the production of project related documentation including user and systems requirements documentation, use cases, functional requirements and user acceptance criteria;
19. Interact with functional, technical, and support teams to design, document, and implement businessdriven solutions including the purposes of business and service continuity;
20. Identify and evaluate complex business and technology risks, internal controls which mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement
Capita IT Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy