About the Team
Our Business Recovery Services (BRS) team in Northern Ireland is a market leader supporting a range of clients through some form of stress or crisis situation. You'll join a team of people in our Belfast office acting as advisors supporting clients and lenders with services including:
* Review and challenge of cash flow forecasts
* Business plans
* Identifying options to underpin a viable business strategy
* Finding ways to reduce costs within the business,
* Restructure the balance sheet or refinance to find an alternative source of capital to support their business objectives
* Supporting through an insolvency scenario.
Whatever the solution, we help clients manage road blocks until the job is done.
In addition to the above you'll also have the opportunity to work on broader Business Recovery Services offerings including supporting clients with operational restructuring, corporate simplification, debt advisory, services to the public sector, real estate and accelerated mergers & acquisitions.
About the role
We're looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Manager to join our team of BRS professionals, you'll have the ability to communicate at any level or grade. We are looking for someone who is keen to learn, who can think on their feet, and apply their knowledge in a pressurised working environment.
As a Manager within BRS in Northern Ireland, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive situational and industry experience. You'll be helping our clients solve complex business issues, from strategic planning and stakeholder management to execution and implementation.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Working in and often leading small project teams for bespoke clients and situations, while reporting to Senior Managers and above
* Be involved in the critical financial analysis of client forecasts and client business plans to underpin an improvement in forecast performance
* Assess and develop options based on financial analysis, and project manage these to deliver a solution for a client
* Engage in often complex stakeholder discussions and negotiation to support a client's strategic objective
* Producing reports / presentations to a range of clients and stakeholders, across both advisory and insolvency appointments
* Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients and be prepared to network with potential new clients, lawyers and lenders
* Contribute to the development of your own and your team's technical acumen
* Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges in innovative ways, bringing new technology to client situations
* Assist in the management and delivery of larger projects in complex and bespoke client situations, working cross-Line-of-Service with other PwC teams
* Train, coach, and supervise staff
* Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues, and have the opportunity to take an interest in specific industries / sectors
* Develop internal relationships across PwC
The role will require some travel primarily in Northern Ireland.
Essential skills and experience
The following skills are required for this role:
* Sound financial analytical skills, including use of Microsoft Excel
* Report writing skills including use of Microsoft Powerpoint
* Strong commercial awareness and a genuine interest in how businesses work
* Strong interpersonal skills and comfortable communicating with all levels
* Flexibility in terms of diverse industries and role
* Willingness to participate in marketing and business development
* A commitment to continued personal development
* Proven project and time management skills
* Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Preferred - ACA/ACCA qualified
You'll be joining a team who welcome your outlook and knowledge, whilst providing you the opportunity to develop your skill set further within one of the world's leading professional organisations. With an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working requirements where appropriate and have many successful arrangements currently in place.
Our Deals business is an exciting, fast-paced and an ever-growing business that focuses on deals and crisis situations for our clients. Collectively, we deal with the types of situations you hear about regularly in the news and we provide support, insight and analysis to the management, shareholders and financiers of business.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work ( ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.