Product and Service Lead
PwC's Operate provide a range of services to clients, supporting them in the day to day running of their business, in developing new ways of delivery model that is able to support clients from their own premises or our purpose-built delivery centre in Belfast.
Our multi-disciplined team is experienced in Operational Delivery across a range of functional specialisms and industry sectors. Our people are skilled, energetic and high-performing, and are drawn from a wide range of backgrounds from school leavers and graduates through to highly experienced industry executives.
The Product and Service Management function provides a framework to ensure that each product produced, configured or managed by Operate Technology is managed as an entity in its own right, having an agreed role, description, stated customer base, defined financial and performance objectives and, ultimately, an assessment of the on-going value that it provides to the firm. The Product & Service Lead is responsible for this function and is a member of the Service Delivery Team, reporting to the Head of Technology. The role holder is accountable for the end-to-end operational performance, customer satisfaction, financial performance and value of all of the IT services and products which are the responsibility of the Service Delivery Team.
The Product & Service Lead is accountable for ensuring that the following activities are undertaken in relation to all of the IT services and products which are the responsibility of the Service Delivery Team
* Provide information on technology developments and the firm's IT strategy to assist in the planning process.
* Participate in escalated incident and problem management activities
* Ensure recovery availability for service is realistic and kept up to date
* Build knowledge and understanding of the service (e.g. various components), how it works, interactions with other services and the business context in which the service is used
* Understand the business units IT plans that are dependent on, and may impact, the service
* Understand and agree backup and recovery capabilities of the enterprise/strategic products
* Maintain a good understanding of any planned changes (including those generated by change)
* Release and Problem Management to any components within the service and advice on impact Reviewing and Approving IT Changes (RFC) to the portfolio landscape to ensure that impacts are warranted and understood
* Work with the Head of Technology to monitor technological developments and consider their impact on the service and service plans
* Create and maintain service roadmaps
* Contribute to, and maintain entries in the service catalogue (inc. service summary and cost)
* Undertake product vendor management, including service reviews
* Maintain relationship with product / service supplier
* Liaison with business / vendors to develop new product features and functionality
* Undertake a key role within the Operate Technology Service Delivery Management team, including people management within the team and senior level interaction with other Operate Technology contacts and Pillar Leads.
* Ensure consistency and quality of operation and continual process service improvement
Occasional travel may be required.
* Undergraduate Degree (e.g., BA, BSc) preferred or equivalent experience
* Experience would include working as a senior member within an IT environment in a similar capacity or in a technical or business facing role with product delivery responsibility.
* ITIL certification or demonstrate a deep understanding of ITIL principles.
* To be able to define, agree and monitor service and quality levels for the enterprise/strategic product(s)and report these in meaningful ways to all stakeholders
* To be able to work with Relationship Managers to provide appropriate communication to the Business on the value of the IT services and products, the roadmaps, issue resolution, and end-to-end performance of the services and products.
* The ability to lead/coach/manage people/teams and to adopt the People Manager role for members of the Operate Technology Service Delivery Team.
What is in it for you?
This is an incredibly exciting time to join a progressive and growing business where you will be able to transfer your skills, experience and track record to support our growth plans. Our employees are also rewarded with various other benefits offered as part of your employment
* Competitive salary plus a lucrative bonus structure (performance related)
* 25 days standard holiday pro rata, with options to increase this through your benefits package
* A flexible benefits scheme that can be tailored to suit you (and your family's) needs.
* Provision of a group pension plan with additional funding provided by PwC.