itContracting have a requirement for a number of Junior IT Engineers to assist with a major Windows 10 rollout and deployment project to upgrade existing and setup new computers to Windows 10 for our enterprise client.
The role will involve regular out of hours work and weekend work and may result in a split weekend (i.e. off on a Sunday and a week day). The successful candidate must also have a full driver's license and their own form of transport. The position will be based primarily in Dublin with frequent travel required across the country.
* Provide desktop support including troubleshooting basic hardware and standard software operating system issues and problems, fixing issues without impacting / violating the hardware warranty or customer security compliance requirements.
* Replace devices with Windows 7 for devices with Windows 10 OS.
* Install and troubleshoot desktops, printers, laptop and other computer peripherals, hardware problems as well as desktop applications
* Perform computer "Break / Fix" support and installation, add, move or change requirements for peripherals and device drivers
* Perform deskside support including basic administration of Operating Systems and common off the shelf software systems
* Complete all assigned calls with professionalism and technical expertise, providing quality customer service and support for designated equipment
* Monitor assigned service calls to ensure quality and service level goals are achieved in a timely manner
* Rebuild and reimage desktops and laptops through SCCM
* Escalate problems to the appropriate next level of support when necessary
* Experience in customer facing deployment build
* 2 years' experience working in a similar role
* PC and Laptop Hardware & Software configurations
* User Support
* Experience in Windows 7 to Windows 10 in installing, upgrading, building, repairing, configuring, troubleshooting, diagnosing and preventative maintenance
* Basic understanding of networking including TCP/IP, WAN, LAN, VPN, Routing
* Able to lift/ move computer equipment
* Previous IT Desktop Support (Windows) experience is desirable
* Ability to educate end users where required
* Previous Windows 10 rollout experience would also be a distinct advantage
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information please apply here or contact David White ( +353 439 6889 or david dot white at itContracting dot ie )
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.