At ABTRAN we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees have been key factors in our company’s growth. We are hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, to ensure a bright future.
Let us tell you more about this great opportunity:
Abtran has an exciting position available for an innovative QA (Quality Assurance) Testing Technical Lead reporting into the Head of Solutions Development. As Abtran is changing, you will affect the way we do things, influence the business and have responsibility for the overall design and future direction of Abtran.
How you will spend your day:
- This is a hands-on role, providing regular direction, mentoring, and coaching to QA team members, ensuring the success of the team’s manual and automation efforts.
- Design and implementation of test strategies for various applications in an Agile manner.
- Design of test resource plans for various projects in line with the project timelines.
- Provides test estimates on various projects, including the ability to execute the vision, goals, and direction of a team.
- Develop, implement, maintain and maintenance of test strategies, processes standards, and guidelines.
- Allocates and co-ordinates test schedules, work, and resource plans; managing progress of all activities against the plan, managing own deliverables and that of others to meet delivery deadlines.
- Management of all risks associated with the testing and taking preventative action when any risks become unacceptable.
Essential Qualifications, Training, and Experience:
- Responsible for Defining QA (Quality Assurance) strategy, approach, and execution in development projects.
- Responsible for leading and directing the QA (Quality Assurance) leadership team.
- Provide leadership and technical expertise within Test Automation and Quality Assurance.
- Provide technical leadership and expertise within the field of Quality Assurance and Testing.
- Ensuring that the development teams adhere to the principles, guidelines and best practices of the QA strategy as defined.
- Focus on continuous QA improvements including usage of appropriate testing tools, test techniques, test automation.
- Building and maintenance of quality standards as well as enforcing technical and testing standards.
- Monitoring of all the QA activities, test results, leaked defects, root cause analysis and identifying areas of improvement. Implement the steps required to improve the processes.
- Gather and present testing metrics and testing activities for the projects to key stakeholders.
- Ensure the proper usage of available tools to gain the maximum benefit of the QA effort. This includes testing tools for functional, performance, automation, etc.
- Manage training and continuous learning of QA staff by means of short courses, conferences, meetups, certifications, etc.
- Be an escalation point for all matters related to testing and quality assurance and operate as a primary point of contact for the QA teams.
- Direct the development of the QA strategy, methodology, discipline, and framework. Driving and improving the QA team in areas of automated testing and agile testing.
- Provide technical expertise in Test Automation, Testing Methodologies, Testing Processes, Tools, and Techniques across the teams.
- BS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- 8+ years of technology experience in .Net
- 2+ years of experience in leading agile delivery teams
- Strong organization and effective communication skills
- Must have excellent knowledge of Agile development methodologies and Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment Tools and Techniques
- Must have good people management skills
We’ve told you what you will do for us, now let us tell you what we will do for you:
At Abtran once you join us you become part of a team and part of an amazing community. We believe in nurturing and inspiring our people. We offer training on many different topics in professional development and personal development. Our Learning Management System has been recognised as the ‘Most Innovative Use of Technology’ in the HR Leadership & Management Awards. We believe in motivating our people to meet their goals and progress in their careers and are big on internal promotions. There are so many opportunities for progression and have had many success stories this year and in previous years.
Some other employee benefits include:
- Wellbeing programme focused on our people’s health and wellness
- Health Discount Programme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Discounts
- Life Cover
- Development Programmes to support your progression
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Leap Card Tax Saver
- Maternity Pay & Paternity Pay
We are proud of the community we have built, we work together in our day to day roles and also through employee initiatives such as our Charity Club, Sports & Social Committee, LGBT Society and Abtran FC Soccer Team. Employee engagement is big at Abtran with events and activities happening all the time to make work fun. We believe in a good work-life balance but while you are here we want to make it as enjoyable as possible.
We have parking on-site and are serviced by regular buses. We have a canteen on site offering hot and cold breakfast and lunch options, pastries, sandwich counter, and salad bar. If you bring your own lunch, there are fridges and microwaves on site. We have a barista on-site to fuel you for the workday.
What You Need to Do Now:
If you are a Testing guru hungry to succeed in a growing organisation, have a technical background and have an appreciation of software development we would like to hear from you now.