At ABTRAN we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees have been key factors in our company’s growth. Abtran has an exciting position available for an Application Development Analyst based in Cork reporting into the Head of Solutions Development.
Let us tell you more about this great opportunity:
As our Application Development Analyst (.Net) you will have the opportunity to apply and develop your specialist knowledge of software, technologies, and data analysis techniques as well as build your expertise and understanding of our products and processes. You’ll work right at the heart of Abtran, building relationships across the company and occasionally more widely to deliver our business objectives.
As Abtran is changing, you will affect the way we do things, influence the business and have responsibility for the overall design and future direction of Abtran. We're looking for a skilled Analyst Developer, ideally with experience in the BPO services sector, who is looking for their next career challenge
How you will spend your day:
- The analyst developer in the development team within IT will be responsible for the delivery of high-quality application development and scripting to help the users and clients solve commercial challenges and drive efficiency within the firm.
- Responsible for developing business solutions that interface with the line of business applications of the firm as well as customising and configuring off the shelf software.
- Propose, design and implement new and innovative systems and analyse existing systems to determine opportunities for streamlining and performance enhancement.
- Building process improvement workflows across the line of business application stack using the platforms available.
- Designing data structures and access methods to support any custom development.
Desired Qualifications, Training and Experience:
- Ideally a degree or equivalent qualification in a field with significant quantitative, technical and programming elements, or demonstrable experience for the required role.
- Good knowledge of programming, including object-oriented and database (SQL) programming disciplines.
- Experience in the development and implementation of custom solutions based on Microsoft stack.
- A broad understanding of databases, data structures and their interrogation including a willingness to acquire detailed knowledge and understanding of Abtran’s databases.
- Experience of influencing senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrable programming skills, ideally in Java or C#.
- Understanding of the Software Development life cycle preferably Agile.
- Understanding of SOAP and REST Web Services.
- Experience with MS Dynamics and/or Genesys Pure Connect will be an advantage.
- Experience in .NET programming (Desktop, Server, Web).
- Excellent general IT skills and the aptitude to learn new packages and processes.
Our ideal candidate:
- The ability to think analytically, to understand and synthesise complex, diverse and incomplete information and to present reasoned arguments.
- The ability to interpret complex quantitative and qualitative information to support sound decision-making.
- The ability to compile and present analyses and insights in a variety of formats and styles to meet the needs of different purposes and audiences.
- Highly numerate and a good understanding of analytical techniques.
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team, leading and supporting projects as required.
- The ability and willingness to constructively challenge the thinking of others.
- The ability to think creatively and solve complex problems.
- The ability to use business and commercial judgment effectively.
- The ability to assess risks and recommend actions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, able to influence and build rapport with a diverse range of stakeholders internally and externally and to be a role model for other team members.
We’ve told you what you will do for us, now let us tell you what we will do for you:
At Abtran once you join us you become part of a team and part of an amazing community. We believe in nurturing and inspiring our people. We offer training on many different topics in professional development and personal development. Our Learning Management System has been recognised as the ‘Most Innovative Use of Technology’ in the HR Leadership & Management Awards. We believe in motivating our people to meet their goals and progress in their careers and are big on internal promotions. There are so many opportunities for progression and have had many success stories this year and in previous years.
Some other employee benefits include:
- Wellbeing programme focused on our people’s health and wellness
- Health Discount Programme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Discounts
- Life Cover
- Development Programmes to support your progression
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Leap Card Tax Saver
- Maternity Pay & Paternity Pay
We are proud of the community we have built, we work together in our day to day roles and also through employee initiatives such as our Charity Club, Sports & Social Committee, LGBT Society and Abtran FC Soccer Team. Employee engagement is big at Abtran with events and activities happening all the time to make work fun. We believe in a good work-life balance but while you are here we want to make it as enjoyable as possible.
We have parking on-site and are serviced by regular buses. We have a canteen on site offering hot and cold breakfast and lunch options, pastries, sandwich counter, and salad bar. If you bring your own lunch, there are fridges and microwaves on site. We have a barista on-site to fuel you for the workday.
What you need to do now:
If you are a Testing guru hungry to succeed in a growing organisation, have a technical background and have an appreciation of software development we would like to hear from you now.
Abtran is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.