Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack
itContracting are currently seeking applications for a Senior Software Engineer. This is a Permanent position based with our client in Waterford.
As a Senior Software Engineer you have open opportunities to contribute to the full stack of our application platform from the user interface, through the API, persistence layer and deployment. If a particular area of the stack starts to peak your interest, our client will strive to facilitate growth and specialization.
The client seeks independent thinkers that are passionate about technology and building solutions that continually improve the customer experience. You'll have the opportunity to join the Pay development team consisting of UXUI Specialists, User Interface, API and Mobile Application Developers in our clients Waterford office. Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with remote colleagues are essential.
As a Senior Software Engineer in Payments, you'll spend most of your time:
* Developing RESTful API's in Node.js (possibly Golang) to provide innovative payment solutions
* Designing and building micro-services to support mobile and web-based client-side applications
* Integrating 3rd party components and systems into the platform
* Optimising, profiling and debugging software components
* Communicating with our partners, customers and vendors in an effective manner
* Supporting and mentoring junior developers as well as leading knowledge sharing exercises
* Working with Docker, software containerization and micro-services architectures
Experience and skills needed for success:
* Third Level Degree/Masters in computer-related discipline
* Capable of working independently under the direction of Tech Lead and/or Head of R&D
* Excellent analytical and communication skills, both oral and written
* Experience and knowledge of RDBMS databases - PostgreSQL, development of Stored Procedures, Indexing and optimization??
* Experience and knowledge of NoSQL databases
* Experience with Agile development methodologies
* Experience with automated tests (unit, functional) and continuous integration
* Willingness to learn and use good coding techniques/practices
* Knowledge of software design patterns
* SCM using Git, Git workflows
Nice-to-have experience and skills:
* Full stack web development
* Experience with containerisation such as Docker
* Understanding of continuous delivery and experience in automated deployments
* Experience with Node.js and creating NPM modules
* Experience developing applications with express.js, MEAN and other Node.js frameworks & stacks
* Excellent knowledge of ECMAScript 6
* Experience with Vue.js
* Building solutions for the payments industry
* Understanding of developing WCAG compliant sites and awareness of accessibility needs
Some of the technologies and tools we are currently using:
Node.js, express.js, Docker, NGINX, Ubuntu, PostgreSQL, Redis, ArangoDb, Git, Amazon Web Services, RabbitMQ, Vagrant, Vue.js, Angular.js, Ansible, GoCD.
Providing some great benefits including:
* Highly collaborative culture with a dynamic and innovative team
* Accessible leadership opportunities to develop and promote employees
* Strong work life balance
* Competitive Salary
* Defined Contribution Pension Plan
* Medical and Dental Insurance
* Life Assurance and Income Protection (Illness and Disability Cover)
* Full or partially subsidised training/courses
* Family atmosphere with company sponsored events and community projects
* Opportunity to travel
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information please apply here or contact Jonathan Power ( +353 86 366 4576 or jonathan dot power at itContracting dot ie )
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.