Dreaming of moving to the countryside, with a high quality of life and low cost of living! Here is your opportunity. For this role we are working for a large, state of the art, high tech multinational, with global resources and great training and advancement opportunities, based in the Irish Midlands.
As a successful ICT Datacenter Technician, your performance objectives will consist of:
· Collaborating alongside a dynamic team of professionals across the Information Technology spectrum to execute on-site, hands-on physical infrastructure activity for IT equipment (such as Servers, Storagem etc.) physical cabling, racking and stacking equipment, parts / component replacements, physical hardware troubleshooting, and reporting on status, and highlighting issues to enable efficient support of these Datacenter operations.
· Executing work-orders via ticketing queues and systems in a fast-paced environment.
· Participating in inventory, spare, cable, and related asset management, in High Business Impact critical environments.
· Providing excellent customer service using your mature interpersonal awareness, and communication skills.
· Experience supporting IT equipment or related technology
· Ability to support frequent standing, walking, pushing, pulling, bending, reaching, lifting (may range from 10-50lbs on a regular basis), and working at heights
· Excellent English and Communication skills essential
· Interface with customers and stakeholders
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to work on own initiative
· Strong desire to progress into other areas.
· Technical College degree in Computer Science, etc, or equivalent work experience
· Applicable certifications: e.g.: CompTIA, Microsoft, Network Certifications
· Strong working knowledge of physical IT infrastructures (e.g. Servers, SANs, Networking, etc.)
· Perform and execute organisation’s safety programs and policies, and compliance knowledge assessments
Job Type: Full-time