Our Client based in Cork City has an immediate requirement for 2nd Level IT Support Engineer to join their expanding Support Team on a 6 Month Contract. This position will have responsibility for providing technical support users at both end user and server level an escalation point to the company's senior engineers based in head office.
If you are immediately or can start a position within 2 weeks, we would be very interested in speaking to you about this position.
Responsibilities of 2nd Level Support Engineer:
Technical Experience Required:
- Interact with users via telephone, e-mail and the web, providing technical support and problems solving abilities Identify, evaluate and prioritise user issues and complaints.
- Analyse user problems and formulate plans of resolution.
- Providing support to both physical and virtual server environments.
- Utilise all technical resources to solve user problems. * Escalate unresolved issues to the support team as necessary.
- Participate in departmental training activities including training programs in support of new technologies, procedures, and customer service enhancements.
- Additional projects as required such as preparing system and user documentation and testing.
- Experience in providing technical support to enterprise level environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft (Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Microsoft Exchange, Office 365 and Active Directory).
- Basic Azure administration.
- Setup, operation and troubleshooting of TCP/IP networking.
- Experience with VMware ESX Server or VMware products.
- Backup technologies Backup Exec and Veeam.
- MCSA or CCNA would be an advantage.
To be considered for this position applicants must be eligible to work and reside in Ireland (holder of an EC Passport or a Current Stamp 4 Visa).
If you would like to apply for this position, please forward your CV to Matthew Duane Rice