ROLE: Cloud Migrations Project Manager
RATE: Daily Rate Contract, DOE
DURATION: 6 - 12 months
This is a technical cloud migration Project Manager role. The Cloud Migration Project Manager will be responsible for managing the 2 Cloud Migration Teams (PIaaS and OpenPaaS) and working in parallel with the PM for the Non-functional requirements (Design/Architecture/Security/compliance) and BAU Service Delivery definition streams, to ensure the completion of the Cloud Move To The Cloud Project.
* While the PM will be responsible for the management of the 2 Cloud Migration Teams both teams will have hands-on technical lead roles co-ordinating daily project team activities.
* Provide excellent customer service during the migration process.
* Working with other teams as required and being the point of escalation for the project team.
* Providing input and assistance to the Cloud Migration Architect and Project Manager for the other streams as required for wider project activities.
* Troubleshooting and resolving issues using the available tools and resources.
* Providing effective and consistent status updates to management.
* Managing the application migrations and of the provision of post-migration support
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Experience of managing solutions in multi-tenant Private or Public Cloud (ideally both)
* Experience as the principal technical lead on at least one major project.
* Strong understanding of cloud migration techniques and workflows (on premise to Cloud platforms)
* Experience of upgrading and/or migrating Windows and Linux VMs.
* Good technical knowledge of virtualisation technologies.
* Experience of Data Centre migration, re-location or consolidation projects.
* Experience working with DevOps.
* Exposure to Docker, Kubernetes or other container technologies; APIs and microservices
* Experience deploying in containerised environments
If you would like to be considered for this role please submit your CV and I will be in contact to discuss further. Rory