QA Automation Engineer
My client is one of the leading providers of Financial Services in Ireland. As a QA Test Automation Engineer, you will bring to the team your deep experience of testing commercial Java software to high quality standards and your passion for test automation. Your primary responsibility will be creating, maintaining & executing automation test suites.
Apply for the QA Automation Engineer Role above or contact Helen Gillbanks for more information.
Responsibilities of the QA Automation Engineer Role:
• You are expected to be familiar with Agile Software development best practices
• Actively participate in all our Scrum ceremonies
• Create new test cases based on new functionalities / features that are delivered by the Product team and input these test cases into our Test Management software.
• Design, code, test and maintain automation test scripts for applications across all test environments.
• Research, investigate and put forward suggestions on ways to improve both existing, manual and automation testing
• Ensure all major stakeholders are informed of critical issues that may block software releases to clients.
• Contribute to overall test team meetings and make proactive suggestions for process improvement initiatives and efficiencies for future testing.
Required Skills and Experience for the QA Automation Engineer Role:
• 3+ years of professional experience in test in a product software environment with Java/JEE applications using Selenium WebDriver and Appium.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent professional experience.
• Clean coding and refactoring skills in Java 7+ with excellent problem-solving ability.
• Experience in banking and associated financial industries.
• ISTQB foundation certified or certified in a recognised Testing certification
• Expert knowledge of software development lifecycle.
• Experience testing Web Services
• Familiar with both Android and IOS platforms.
• Experience with web UI technologies
• Familiar with modern toolchains
• Knowledge of continuous integration and continuous deployment principles.
• Understanding of XML and JSON.
• Familiarity and experience with Agile Methodologies
• Experience working with Windows, Mac and Linux.
• Ability to work in a dynamic fast paced work environment.
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 5367388)