Unified Communications/ Network Engineer – On Site Dublin 8
This is a permanent position with PlanNet21 Communications. You will be based in Dublin 8 onsite with one of our clients working on a cross spectrum of Networking and Unified Communications.
· Performing and documenting surveys of Unified Communications (“UC”) and CCTV installations.
· Coordinating the installation and configuration of networks (wired and wireless), software, Networks and Data Centre Systems.
· Maintaining and repairing complex problems with system hardware and software in Networks and UC systems.
· Modifying system hardware and software in order to optimise the performance and design of network infrastructures.
· Networking and security best practices (standardising and patching etc.) for hardware and operating systems.
· UC and CCTV best practices (standardisation, patching etc.) for wired and wireless hardware and operating systems.
· Ensure network connectivity is maintained and where possible enhanced.
· Engage and support the wider organisational staff in delivery of operational requirements.
· Contribute to the development of technical documentation including design documents and support plans.
· Liaise with the wider team to support radio communication systems, CCTV Systems, digital telephone systems (PABX), Virtual Private Networks (VPN), video analysis suites for use with Urban CCTV systems and co-ordinate the Cellular Private Network.
· Regular office hours (Mon -Fri 8.30 – 5.30 + on call support)
- CCNA qualified
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in Networking or Voice or Unified Communications or PABX/CCTV systems.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Fast learner, ability to follow instructions and work as part of a team, as well as demonstrating an ability to work independently.