itContracting are pleased to be partnering with our client, a major financial services company, in the hiring of a Cloud Infrastructure Developer. This is a permanent position based with our client in South Dublin.
It is expected that the Cloud Developer is undertaking a wide variety of roles related to:
* The strategic management of our cloud platforms.
* Our cloud product management - Managing our cloud product release pipeline, developing and deploying cloud-based services and applications.
* In project support - helping our projects to adopt cloud technologies, supporting them in defining requirements, building proof of concept and pilot environments.
* In life support - support the cloud services that underpin our business, as required.
As a Cloud Developer your main responsibilities will include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:
* Day to day management of an Enterprise cloud environment built with the latest technologies and using best of breed management tools.
* Deploy new workloads/environments aligned to our Architectural global standards, always ensuring the maintenance of our software currency.
* Work closely with our application and business partners to implement the right workload into the right Cloud, aligned to our Smart cloud adoption strategy.
* Work closely with internal and external partner functions to ensure that the Private & Public Cloud Architecture meets with industry best practices.
* Regularly review the platform and recommend improvements, as necessary, to promote optimal use and ensure that the Private Cloud offering is in line with industry best practice
* Engage with global project teams, enabling them to maximise the benefits of cloud adoption.
* Ensure best use of resources by implementing and following fit for purpose capacity and demand management models.
* Enable automation where required and where it delivers real benefit.
* Review and continually improve the end to end engagement model for the Cloud CoE, responding and adapting to our customer needs in a flexible proactive manner.
* Actively drive service delivery improvements with external partners/suppliers based on project and operational run requirements.
* Build deployment scripts supporting automated standard deployments for AWS, Azure and Google.
* Work closely with our Architecture and security teams to deliver security by design, enabling agility for our application partners.
* Work as a trusted advisor with business units ensuring the communication is held in proper way and satisfying internal customer expectations.
Your Skills and Experience:
As a Cloud Developer your skills and qualifications will include:
* 5 years + experience of managing Public Cloud technologies in a busy enterprise environment.
* 5 years + IT operations experience
* Expert level knowledge of Azure or AWS with associated certifications.
* Proficient in the automation of repeatable tasks using appropriate scripting
* Experience in automated testing supporting operational readiness checks.
* Proficient in the use of configuration management tools e.g. Cloud formation, Ansible, Terraform
* Experience in at least one of the following languages: Java, .NET, Node.js, PHP, Python, Ruby
* Experience of working with the latest automation tools, DevOps and Agile development.
* Proficiency in systems administration (Linux/Windows), network administration (DNS, IPsec, BGP, VPN, Load Balancing)
* Familiarity with 1 or more version control platforms (Git, Perforce, SVN, TFVC)
* Strong troubleshooting experience in Virtual/Cloud infrastructures
* Proven experience of working within a supplier lead service delivery model
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information please apply here or contact Paul Evans ( +353 1 2187769 or paul dot evans at itContracting dot ie )
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.