Desktop Support Engineer, Piercetown, Co. Meath - 14 month Fixed Term Contract
ESP Global Services are currently recruiting a Desktop Support Engineer to join our team based at one of our customer sites in Piercetown Co. Meath. As the Desktop Support Engineer you will provide and maintain continuity of service for all desktop devices (hardware, software and connectivity) for the customer and resolve any technical issues that may occur within agreed contractual service levels.
Who is ESP
ESP is trusted by global organisations to deliver tailored IT support and infrastructure solutions around the world, 24/7. Since the early nineties, we have added value to our customers by listening to their needs and proactively delivering the service they want, wherever in the world that might be. We are head-quartered in Reading, with regional Service Delivery hubs all over the world. Our expertise in aviation means we have staff in all the UK airports, and our expansion into other industries means our customers include many household name brands such as Avis, Marie Curie, Wipro, ATOS & Eurostar. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to join the ESP family who display our core values and are therefore approachable, respectful, collaborative, honest and passionate. In return, ESP offers a dynamic environment, a strong sense of fun and a commitment to career progression from within, all of which help us to deliver our internal commitment to ensuring an engaged and fulfilled workforce who, in turn, deliver an outstanding service to our global clients.
What does the role of Desktop Support Engineer involve?
* Respond to allocated customer incidents (hardware, software and connectivity) and service requests and manage through to a successful resolution within agreed service levels.
* Deliver desk-side support services to the customer in line with agreed project timescales and service levels.
* Deliver hard and soft break fix services for laptops and desktops across the customer site portfolio.
* Provide standard and approved hardware and software (operating systems and standard office applications) support and maintenance on Desktop Devices for their entire lifecycle (including the remote management of Desktop Devices using appropriate tools).
* Support, manage and maintain the configuration and installation of the Desktop, including patch updates and hardware replacements.
* Identify and obtain from the vendor any spares required to respond to incidents and ensure that the customer is kept informed of any resulting delays.
* Monitor security profiles and anti-virus software on all Desktop Devices and take appropriate action in the event of non-compliance with security requirements.
* Ensure that each Desktop Device is installed with the appropriate Desktop image.
* Provide VIP support for Desk side issues.
What Competencies/ previous experience do you need to have to be considered for the role of Desktop Support Engineer?
* Previous experience of working onsite providing Desktop Support
* You will be a confident communicator
* Excellent customer service skills
* Good knowledge and experience in Microsoft Desktop Software and Operating Systems
* An understanding of network protocols, server hardware and configurations or other IT qualifications
Salary is €30- €35k + pension, life assurance
To apply, please send your CV in or click the apply now button