Embedded Applications Developer
Develop incredible web-based systems and applications which help businesses save millions on energy costs. Its embedded devices are currently running at thousands of locations worldwide.
You will be responsible for developing multiple embedded systems that will be deployed worldwide to help eliminate energy wastage.
You will be responsible for enabling Linux to run on new embedded systems. Distros will include Ubuntu, Debian and Yocto. You will also develop applications to run on these systems.
* Modify linux distros to support new processors and peripherals
* Develop applications that run on embedded linux systems, usually to do with data acquisition and control systems.
* Programming languages (in order of priority)
* Work closely with key customers to understand requirements pertaining to features and deployment
What we like to see:
* Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a similar discipline.
* Minimum of three years of experience in the design and development of software through all stages of the SDLC
* Strong understanding of electronics and computer architecture fundamentals, e.g. microprocessors (ARM, x86), I/O chipsets, memories, digital buses and I/O interfaces.
* Good appreciation for automation and control protocols like MODBUS and Bacnet
* Strong C coding experience for embedded software solutions.
* Run-time debugging, performance profiling and performance optimisation of code.
* Experience in networking protocols, e.g. TCP/IP, UDP and Ethernet