Responsible for developing a state-of-the-art energy saving monitoring and control system that will be deployed in great numbers worldwide. If you enjoy a flexible work environment , a technical challenge and are not afraid to get your hands dirty then this is the role for you.
What you will be doing:
• Develop, integrate and test [mainly] server-side software that will interact in real time with the family of embedded devices. The successful candidate will be expected to be totally capable on the whole Python stack
• Work with a range of stakeholders to ensure that the correct software features are developed and that the correct decisions are made
• Participate in all phases of the Application Development Lifecycle
• Willing to gain an understanding of the energy efficiency business and our customers concerns regarding energy and be capable of meaningfully contributing to discussions regarding customer requirements
Technical Knowledge Requirements:
• Strong experience with Python and related technologies
• An understanding of algorithms and when to use them is a must must.
• Understanding of how databases work and how to carry out optimization in production environments.
• Understanding of Amazon's Cloud Computing Services. If you have in-depth knowledge of Amazon's products, this is a big plus
• Ability to use source control software like Git
• An understanding of statistical techniques would be a distinct advantage
• Knowledge of scaling methodologies
• Knowledge of command line Linux is a distinct advantage
• Knowledge of at least some of the following IOT protocols/methodologies is desirable: MQTT, mbed, CoAP, XMPP
• Some experience of Django an advantage
• Knowledge of Flask an advantage