The Software Engine role will be working as part of the ICT Create and Maintain Team. You will support the development of system integration/interfaces, using business documentation workflows. You will be working with customized third party products and tools and using technologies like Java, IIB, JBPM/PAM7, MQ, SQL, Datastage, T24, IRIS, Vasco, RHSSO.
You will be working with various business and ICT units to ensure timely and quality deliverables. The role will see the successful candidate working along with experienced and junior developers on site which means there will be plenty of learning on the job to enhance skills. You will also be afforded the opportunity of acquire knowledge of various technologies. The role will require you to work in an Agile environment and provide business critical support.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
* Design and build high quality robust software for the Create and Maintain Team
* Unit and Integration test all code prior to release ensuring quality solutions are delivered and support is provided on delivered code when necessary.
* Document Solutions.
* On-going enhancement of software development life cycle and software engineering best practices.
* Work with QA to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
* Perform first and second line support duties.
* Any other duties as determined by line managers.
Knowledge, Education & Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
* 5+ years of hands on experience in software development.
* Knowledge of software development life cycle with clean coding,refactoring skills and problem solving ability.
* Knowledge of database concepts and implementation, strong SQL skills.
* Knowledge on Web Service (SOAP and REST), WSDL, XML and XSD.
* Knowledge of transport protocols HTTP, JMS SSL,MQ.
* Java 1.7 essential, Java 1.8 desirable.
* Knowledge of IBM Integration Bus (or similar tool).
Desirable but not essential:
* Knowledge of source control applications GIT or SVN.
* Experience working with both Windows and Linux.
* Ability to work in an Agile/Kanban oriented development team.
* Knowledge of Angular, Vasco, or RHSSO.
* Financial services experience in particular retail banking.
Essential Skills & Abilities:
* Strong communication skills with an ability to deal with all levels in a confident and professional manner.
* Be a proactive team player who is motivated by achieving targets.
* Must have a very flexible approach to work and be confident working in a fast moving, exciting environment.
* Truly passionate about software development, thinks outside the box and constantly looks for ways to improve.
* Strong attention to detail required.
* Proven experience in coaching and mentoring junior members within the team.