IT Service Desk Engineer (Europe)
Location: Dublin South
Job type: Full Time Permanent / Salaried
This involves 1st/2nd level problem determination and resolution, installation and maintenance of software and hardware, development of appropriate guidelines, application support, troubleshooting, administration and provision of advice and support in accordance with our clients IT standards.
The Service Desk Operator reports directly to the Senior System Engineer (Europe)
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities
* Maintain effective customer services and relationships with IT users, other IT staff and suppliers.
* Respond to user inquiries according to service desk procedures, providing support across a range of hardware and software products.
* Ensure effective use of the Service Desk ticket system.
* Maintain accuracy of IT Asset register.
* Identify problems which require additional expertise and take appropriate action to ensure the timely escalation to the various internal IT support staff.
* Provide timely, accurate and reliable assistance to all users of our client's systems.
* Contribute to the development of work instructions, policies and standard operating procedures in relation to the use of IT systems within our client's organisation.
* Provide after-hours helpdesk assistance where required.
* Install, manage and maintain end user environment including PCs, printers, and business-related software packages.
* Liaise with 3rd party vendors and technicians to resolve hardware or software faults within end user environments.
* Visit remote clinics to ensure the continued operation of end user environments.
* Assist with installation, troubleshooting, or any other issues on-site.
* Assist in backup and restore duties such as tape changing.
* Monitor system availability and escalate issues to senior team members
* Monitor IT Security and report breaches of policy to Management
* Assist the System Administrators with maintaining backup and recovery activities
* Develop and maintain system documentation including work instructions for common tasks performed using resources provided
* Maintain the accuracy of IT Systems including Active Directory, Email, Intranet and Clinical Systems.
* Assist System Administrators with any other tasks as required
* Participate in other business related tasks
* Attend meetings as required
Qualifications and Experience
* 3 + Years' Helpdesk / Problem solving experience
* 3 + Years' experience with Windows Domains / Active Directory
* Microsoft Certified Professional or other IT Tertiary Qualification desirable
* Exposure to the health sector desirable
* Travel to our clients Europe business sites as required.
* Full Time Permanent / Salaried
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence please contact Chris Byrne in itContracting directly ( 01 526 7737 or chris dot byrne at itContracting dot ie )
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.