Full Stack Senior .NET Software Engineer
Our client is an independent investment research and governance advisory firm that is expanding their Engineering team in Limerick, Ireland. Candidates must have experience with all levels of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) to enable the company's long-term goal of delivering a new platform for their core business. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on Infrastructure and Code, as well as build and release automation.
The Successful Candidate will be responsible for:
* Leading technical direction within the team in terms of microservices architectures and best practices in relation to event sourcing and synchronising data between distributed systems.
* Working in a large team with a long-term goal of delivering a new platform for our core business
* Redesigning and re-implementing legacy systems using cloud-based services to meet our rapidly growing need for horizontal scaling
* Actively participating in agile ceremonies (Backlog refinement, Planning, Daily Stand-ups, Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives).
* Working with colleagues to develop and execute comprehensive test plans for system implementations.
* Performing and automating unit and comprehensive testing for assurance of functional and technical quality of deliverables.
* Providing valuable insights in design reviews and code reviews.
* Being available out-of-business hours for production support (level 2-3) on a rotational basis.
The Ideal Candidate must have:
* A degree in computer science or similar qualification
* Minimum 5 years development experience through the entire lifecycle of an enterprise application, with 2 years including practical experience of building microservices architectures
* Strong documentation and communication skills
* Willingness to give and take feedback and share knowledge
* A strong desire to learn and improve
* The ability to influence software engineering best practices within your team
Preferably with experience using the following technologies and mythologies:
* Building microservices on a Microsoft platform.
* Distributed systems
* Event sourcing
* Messaging systems and related technologies
* .NET 4.5+, Visual Studio 2015/2017, C#.
* WebApi and middle-tier API services.