IT Support Engineer
My Client is a leading logistics service provider with global business operations and an annual turnover of EUR 5.1 billion. The have business sites at 660 locations worldwide and employs 31,000 people globally. Provides solutions for a wide variety of different sectors along the complete supply chain; they include multimodal transport operations, warehousing, customs clearance as well as innovative value added services.
They are currently seeking an IT Support Engineer to join their team and assist the IT manager in the delivery of user IT support throughout the company.
Apply for the IT Support Technician role above, or contact Graham Houlihan for more information.
Responsibilities of the IT Support Engineer role:
• Help ensuring computer hardware and software is updated and maintained properly.
• Install and maintain a variety of peripherals
• Diagnose and troubleshoot technical problems
• Assist with the preparation of technical manuals and IT documentation
• Assist users in handling and learning desktop applications
• Assist in the maintenance and development of networks
• Assist in any new and ongoing projects
• Other associated tasks as required.
Required Experience for the IT Support Engineer role:
• Graduates will be considered, 1‐2 years’ or more experience in a similar role preferred
• The candidate should be familiar with the operation of Windows Active Directory domains
• Should be well versed in the process of troubleshooting Windows endpoints
• Should have a good understanding of standard Microsoft client software and be able to pass on knowledge to users as required
• Should have a good understanding of network elements and infostructure
• Must be able to quickly learn new company‐specific software in order to be able to support users.
Necessary Skills for the IT Support Engineer role:
• The ability to think logically
• A good memory of how software and operating systems work
• Excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with users to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
• Problem solving skills
• The ability to prioritise workload
• Attention to detail.
#ITSupport #Support #Level1 #Level2 #Windows #MicrosoftIf you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: )