Senior Java Developer
My Client is a globally recognised financial organization that provides financial services and products to consumers, corporations and many other institutions internationally. They are currently seeking a Senior Java Developer to assist in the development and maintenance of their data warehouse based reporting application.
Responsibilities of the Senior Java Developer role:
• The candidate will primarily work on enhancing the reporting platform and building new report capabilities.
• You will be required to manage day-to-day delivery of work, ensure adherence to process and quality, and identify project/program delivery risks and work on risk mitigation.
• You will work with complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting needs.
Required Experience for the Senior Java Developer role:
• Minimum of 5+ years in Core Java, Java EE, Experience with enterprise reporting systems.
• Experience in J2EE technologies and UI development.
• Experience with designing reports using JasperReports Library desirable but not a must.
• Database experience and familiarity with JDBC required.
• Self-starter who is a quick learner of new tools and technologies.
• Ability to work both independently, with other team members, and across teams
• Able to work in a multi-cultural / multi-time zone environment
• Experience with all aspects of the SDLC.
Required Qualifications and Skills for the Senior Java Developer role:
• Experience in working on multiple technologies and medium to complex systems, well versed with design standards & framework
• Able to research and solve complex technical issues in a timely manner
• Able to work as a strong team player and individual contributor in a distributed team, with the ability to mentor junior team members where necessary
• Quick learner of new tools and technologies.
• Able to work with distributed teams across multiple time zones.
• Technologies required – Core Java, Java EE, Multithreading/Concurrency, Web Services, RESTful Development , JSP, Servlets, and JSON,
• Backend Tomcat
• Tools – Well versed with Eclipse or IDEA; Test Driven development and automated testing tools like JUnit, Cucumber/Gherkins; JIRA, Maven, Sonar
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
#SeniorJavaDeveloper #Java #JEE #UI #J2EE #DeveloperIf you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 5367388)